Classic Pot Calling The Kettle Black

"And what sort of lives do these people, who pose as being moral, lead themselves? My dear fellow, you forget that we are in the native land of the hypocrite." 

- Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

A crunch in the darkness made their heads turn towards Aliya who was creeping in. She stopped in her tracks and looked around their faces, arching her brow in challenge. "I'm here now, aren't I?" she sneered at the disapproving gaze of older Alexandrians. Deanna caught her gaze and nodded at her, "Thank you for joining us, Aliya." she smiled, nodding at the other Alexandrians to accept it. Aliya nodded and stuffed her hands in her pocket before making her way beside Maggie. 

Maggie wordlessly rubbed Aliya's arm to comfort her. Everybody could see how agitated she is about Aaron and Daryl still outside. Aliya smiled slightly before squeezing Maggie's hand in reciprocated comfort. Aliya could see that Glenn still wasn't here so she wanted to assure Maggie that Glenn will be back.

Aliya doesn't know how long the meeting has started but she couldn't help but be worried about the fact that Rick wasn't present. Where was he? 

They were going to talk about Rick, how he had the gun, how he pointed it at the others, and what he said while he was doing so. These people had coloured lenses and it was time to snatch it off. There was no right or wrong anymore. That's a luxury they can't afford. There's only life or death now. Michonne was speaking from her heart, tugging at the heartstrings of the others. 

Aliya watched with hawk-eyes as Michonne looked straight at Deanna, "If you're lucky." she stated. If they were lucky and smart, they'd keep them here, let them do the dirty work while the Alexandrians go about their routine of acting like everything is normal. If they're lucky, they'd live one enough to be in Rick's wavelength. 

It was Carol's turn to talk and open up. Aliya is admittedly impressed by the acting that Carol was putting up. If she didn't know any better, she would believe that Carol only cooked casseroles and hid behind people when shit goes down. The way she was hunched over, her arms crossed in front of her like she feels uncomfortable about all of the eyes on her, she had the act on the nail. 

But Aliya knows Carol, the way she delivered her words were soft and sweet but anybody with a braincell could taste the underlying threat in it. She willed her lips to stay still as she looked around the faces of the others, seeing the way they ate up everything sweet Carol said. 

Then it was her turn to speak, and her face immediately hardened under their gazes. 

Aliya