The Wrong People

"When there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." 

- Mahatma Gandhi 

Aliya stared hard at the mountain of walkers in front of them, blocking the other end of the tunnel. This is disturbing. She looked at Glenn who was inspecting each and every walker, probably checking to see if Maggie was one of them. The bodies looked fresh, still wet and moist. They killed off a few of them, enough to safely climb up and continue forwards but what they found was disheartening. 

It was full of walkers, all snarling and staggering towards them hungrily. Glenn looked closer, looking for a body in the ground while Aliya followed his light, checking for herself too. Thankfully, there was no body on the ground which means they made it through. Which also means they can. 

Tara was apprehensive and understandably anxious about going through the herd. Her foot was in no shape to run and their lack of ammos put them at a disadvantage. Blindly running through was not an option, they would be walker feed in no time. Aliya looked at the flashlight in Glenn's hand and motioned for him to hand it over. "They're much more attracted to the light than us right now. We can use that to distract them." she climbed back down and propped the flashlight on a rock, pointing it at the herd. 

They were probably blind and are following the light on instinct. Glenn and Tara followed her after a while, crouched down behind the rubble of rocks and corpses. Glenn was on the lookout while Aliya and Tara waited for his signal. When he moved to climb, Tara and Aliya moved with him. Aliya looked at Tara's limping leg and put a hand on her shoulder. Tara looked back at her with her eyebrows raised in wonder. 

"Slowly." she whispered, pointing at her leg. Tara sighed and nodded, becoming more nervous with each step. Aliya stayed back for a bit, giving the limping girl the space she needed to be comfortable. Their hearts were thrashing against their ribcage in nervousness and fear which only doubled when Tara slipped, her foot getting caught in the rubble. Aliya staggered backwards in shock as a rock almost fell on her. Glenn immediately went to Tara to help while craning his neck for Aliya. 

Glenn wanted to call out for Aliya but decided against it when the walkers behind them flinched. Aliya sighed lowly before climbing up to check on them. Glenn relaxed once he saw that she was okay before looking down at Tara who was whimpering in pain. Aliya grimaced as she took in the image of Tara's foot bent in an awkward angle. "Fuck." she whispered as she wiped her face clean of dust. 

She jumped down lightly, going over the two, helping Glenn lift the rock off of Tara's leg. Aliya grunted as her knuckles rubbed against the cement wall, drawing blood. Tara looked at the walkers once again, annoying Aliya. "Stop looking at them, Tara." she groaned as she strained her biceps to lift again. Aliya could feel the sharp edges of the rock against her palm, making her wince. 

Tara felt helpless, like a burden that's about to get Aliya and Glenn killed. So she pushed them away, "Go!" she pushed further. Aliya's jaw clenched as she pushed away her hand, going back to lifting the boulder while Glenn did the same. Tara shook her head, "Go! Find Maggie!" she looked at Glenn before looking at Aliya, "Find Daryl." she nudged her away.