Chapter 20: It was one of my rules Annabelle, now come

It's the weekend, and Declan and I are at Abby's house, getting ready for Jason's friends' party, which Josh angrily prohibited me from attending.

Abby scolded him, as a sister should, and despite his anger, he's accompanying us to the party.

There's no way he would let us go with Jason there.

One reason he wants to come along is to keep other guys at bay, giving them death glares if they try to talk to us, especially me.

"Here," Abby hands me a plain white v-neck, strap-sleeveless, and backless mini dress on a hanger.

I hold it up to my body, examining my reflection in the mirror.

As I'm about to thank Abby, her bedroom door bursts open, and someone walks towards the walk-in closet and comes inside.

"Annabelle, you don't have to do this!" A deep and pissed voice booms inside and I chuckle to myself when I realize it's Josh. "We can go watch a movie or something, just please don't go; the party is not worth it-"

"Josh we're going! Leave alone for God's sake, unless you want to see your little sister naked-" Abby is in her bathrobe when she says that, and before she could finish her sentence, Josh's face scrunches up in disgust and shock.

"How dare you, Abby!" He gasp melodramatically. "That is so disgusting? You know what? I am leaving, but I am coming to the party!" I watch him storm out of the closet and slam the door shut. "So fucking unbelievable!" He yells, then I hear Abby's bedroom door slam.

"Such a drama queen," Abby mutters, taking her bathrobe off, and I chuckle, doing the same. "Look at this," She shows me a red short strapless body con dress. "Doesn't this look stunning?" she asks, placing it on her body.

"Yeah, it is. It's so stunning that I want to wear it," I say, reaching for it jokingly.

"And no, you-" she begins when Declan opens the door to the walk-in closet.

"Hey, do you think I should-"

"Declan!" Abby and I snap at him since we are in our underwear, covering up ourselves.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before," he waves us off then shows us two t-shirts. One is a black and white striped denim and the other is a long sleeve black and white striped t-shirt. "I can't decide which one to wear any suggestions?" He asks looking at us not giving a damn that we are not dressed. I swear this boy is something else.

"The long sleeve!" Abby and I snap, "Get out!"

"Jeez angry ladies, fine, I'll go. No need to go old granny on me..." he rolls his eyes and walks. Abby and I sigh in relief and remove our hands from our bodies. "And one more thing, doe-"

"Get the fuck out!" We snap, and Declan quickly slams the door shut, hurrying the hell out.

***

Josh pulls his Tesla at the beach bar where college students are partying uncontrollably.

We get from the car and stand, looking around.

"The party looks so boring," Josh says frowning and I know it's the fact that he doesn't want us to be here nor wants to face Jason.

The bar is crowded with people chucking liquor, dancing to the wild music, or talking.

Down at the beach, are folks jogging in their swimsuits, others sipping drinks, busting some moves to the music, or just chilling, having a chat in the sand. Off to one side, there's a fire pit where a bunch of people are hanging out, enjoying some beers, and toasting marshmallows.