Chapter 35: Didn't I teach you about protection?

There will be sexually explicit in this chapter, and if you prefer to not read I will use italic writing throughout the whole thing so only people who want to read can and who don't can skip to the other chapter.

Mr. and Mrs. Rider looks over at their son in disbelieve and disappointment while not saying anything but what they wanted to say is written all over their faces. I knew this wasn't going to turn out well, this is a piece of news they didn't predict walking into. My mom looks at her dish awkwardly, before looking over at the Riders.

"I understand if you don't want to be in the babies lives-"

"Non-sense Amber, of course, we are going to be in the babies' lives," Tom says then looks over at Josh. "They're our grandkids," he interviewed his wife's fingers with his.

"Annabelle if you ever need anything we are here for you and don't even hesitate. I am sorry for the way we reacted it was such shocking news so we had to take a moment to process," I feel like I am on the verge to cry, I didn't expect this day to come this soon and the more I think about it the more disappointed I am to myself. No matter how I tried cheering myself up today I kept thinking about my pregnancy.

I force smile over at Hannah, even though I wanted to smile for real but my subconscious didn't let me. "T-thank you, Hannah, I appreciate your generosity."

Josh intertwines my fingers with him, "What's wrong?" He whispers looking at me.

I shake my head looking down at my lap. The table becomes completely silent and no one is willing to break it. Even though it's quiet, the tension was loud.

"Didn't I teach you about protection?" Tom asks Josh, breaking the silence. I look up at him and was about to answer telling him about my pills when Hannah beats me to it.

"Tom that's not necessary," he turns to look at her and she shook her head and they start to mutter to each other. I feel as if they were talking about me, nothing bad though, but I don't feel comfortable here anymore I want to go to my bedroom.

"Excuse me," I say getting out of my chair and Josh grabs my hand.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling pain? I can come-"

I shook my head, "I am fine I am just going to my room," I smile at the Riders as they were looking at me. "Good night," I say before walking out of the dining room.

I make my upstairs and inside my room closing the door shut. I go inside the bathroom and closed the door before sitting on the toilet while it is covered, letting all the tears I was holding in out. I never wanted this, I never wanted to be anybody's burden. I just wanted to be normal, go to college, and become an author, not that I won't go but I have to go thinking about my babies.

I am too young to be a mother of two. I lick my lip and wipe my tears as they continue to fall from my eyes, I know I can't regret doing anything but I wish I could undo it. This is something Josh wouldn't want to hear because he's totally fine being a father and he wouldn't want to undo anything.

I didn't realize how minutes went by in seconds and I am still sitting on the toilet with tears. I hear the bathroom door knocks and Josh's voice follows after it.

"Annabelle," he whispers, "Open the door, come talk to me I am here for you, please. I know you're crying and it pains me knowing I can't hold you in my arms. Please open the door," I could hear how unhappy he is. Me being in here and not close to him is hurting him.

I get from the toilet and go wash my face and wipe it dry with my towel. I open the door seeing Josh looking down at me sadly, he takes my hand and pulls me into a hug and I hug him tightly closing my eyes. "I love you Annabelle and I will always be here for you no matter what," he kisses my forehead.