Chapter 4: To my room

I didn't turn to know who the voice came from because that provocative and low voice wouldn't be hard to forget.

"No. I needed some air," I mutter, sighing to myself. "It's suffocating inside."

"Then why are you crying?" He questions curiously. "It isn't the Parker guy right? Because if-" He starts his way over to me his face not pleased.

"No. No, it's not Parker," I quickly say, watching as he calms down, sitting next to me while he stares down at me.

The suddenly eye contact cause me to turn away from him, staring back up at the stars, hating the feeling it gave me.

"Why were you crying?" He asks, his voice a little softer and caring than I ever heard it before and it is soothing and shacking at the same time.

"It's nothing-" I begin when he grabs hold of my chin firmly, turning me towards him.

Startled by his sudden action, my mouth slightly open while my eyes looks over at him.

My skin crawls when he suddenly brushes his thumb against my cheek, making butterflies erupt inside my stomach.

What is happening?

Why am I feeling this way about my best friend's brother? This is wrong, so wrong.

With a steady gaze, he utters, "You can talk to me." He reaches out and gently brushes a stray lock of hair away from my face. And, God, he looks so breathtaking from where I sit, and I can't deny that he is a sight to behold.

His appearance is nothing short of stunning.

He smirks at me and the sensation of sexual tension grows inside my body and I can't deny how him being this close makes me a bit wet down there and even worse after remembering what he said to me earlier.

What can I say? I am a naughty nerd.

Can you blame me, though? Josh is a fricking snack and him leaning over me, and flexing his muscles and biceps isn't helping.

Josh changes my mood so fast after having a nervous breakdown a couple of seconds ago.

"Some girls. I don't think much of it," I say, shrugging and nibbling on the corner of my lower lip while I stare at him.

The wind tousles his curls over his forehead, and the world seems to slow around me. His smile, his blinks - everything is caught in a dreamlike slow motion. Though I'm aware that I am imagining it all, I'm reluctant to let go of this mesmerizing vision of him, the heat of the moment only adding to the intensity of my thoughts.

"Hey, if you're interested, I could offer you a complimentary display, darling," he proudly utters with a sensual smirk on his lips.

Wait for what? "What are talking about?" I ask, confuse, finally landing my eyes on his face after scanning his body.

"I noticed the way you were drooling over my body," he says, licking his lips, the impact making me feel things. "I can't blame you, though. I do look good, and I wouldn't mind giving you a free movie as many times as you want. And if pictures suffice, that's fine too."

"Shut up," I turn my head away smiling feeling my cheeks heat.

I can't believe he caught me drooling.

"Don't change the topic, though. I still wanna hear what those girls were talking about," He gently strokes my face, causing my skin to shimmer, ''Tell me. Everything, I will listen," he insists, his voice soothing and alluring, and promises to lend me his ear as his body draws nearer to mine.

In response, my heart races with anticipation, prompting me to question if he can hear its pounding rhythm.

"They were talking crap about me," I breathe, my breath suck inside my throat.