Chapter 6: I have rules

For people that didn't read the sexual details and are wondering what happened during their sexual intercourse, Josh claims Annabelle his.

Enjoy this chapter :-)

Abby and I hurriedly ascend the school steps, realizing we're twenty minutes late once again.

It's frustrating how we can't seem to be punctual for any class, and I bear the responsibility for our perpetual tardiness.

Honestly, I was tired and hesitant to get out of bed. After spending a memorable night with Josh, I went to Abby's room, even though she knew I was with Josh the whole night.

Since I didn't go to her room last night, she probably thinks I stayed in his room, but I don't think she suspects anything major happened.

"We're incredibly late," she laments as we dash towards our lockers.

"I apologize," I express, unlocking my locker and retrieving my math books and necessary materials for the class, Abby doing the same.

"It was- yes it was your fault," she closes her locker the same time I did. "But I forgive you," we start our way to math class. "So what did you and Josh talked about?" She asks out of sudden curiosity.

A flush spreads across my face, and I can feel my cheeks burning like a ripe tomato. The memories of last night come rushing back, and I'm at a loss for how to respond.

I've always confided in Abby about everything, but keeping this from her is eating me up inside. I desperately want to tell her, but I know she'll despise me for sleeping with her brother, and that's the last thing I want. "Um, we..." Ugh! Words fail me.

"What's making you blush?" She glances at me, clearly perplexed. I rarely blush without reason, so she immediately senses that I'm hiding something, and she has a knack for uncovering the truth, so I better come up with something quick.

"Nothing," I mutter, and she raises an eyebrow. "Really, it's nothing. I was just lost in thought."

"So, nothing happened in my brother's room?" She looks at me, her eyebrows raised inquisitively.

"Well, uh, I fell asleep in his car, woke up in his room, and then came over to see you."

"Hmm... okay, I trust you," Abby says, opening the classroom door.

Mr. Bolton looks up from his math book and gazes at us. "Ms. Frazer and Ms. Rider, you're late! This class will soon be dismissed, so the two of you can head straight to the principal's office." Oh, shit.

"Mr. Bolton," Abby says in her sweetest, most persuasive voice. "It's wonderful to see you again after such a long break. You've been our favorite teacher since freshman year, and I'm sure we're your favorite students." She turns to look at the class. "No offense, guys, but we have a special bond with Mr. Bolton here."

"Get to the point," the teacher snaps, crossing his arms.

"Since we're each other's favorites, there's no need to send us to the principal's office for being late this one time, right, Ann?" Abby nudges me when I'm lost in my thoughts. And I think you know exactly who I'm thinking about.

"Um, yes! She's right, Mr. Bolton, sir."

"Just because you're my favorite students," he turns to the class, "no offense, everyone," then back to us. "Doesn't mean you can ignore the rules, but since it's your first offense, I'll let it slide this time."

"Thank you so much, Mr. Bolton. You truly deserve the Teacher of the Year award," Abby pulls me towards two empty seats, and we both take a seat. "Mr. Bolton, sir, what was that all about?" She looks at me, seeking an explanation.