Chapter 10: Um, that was nothing

"What the hell Josh!" I snap, Who does he think he is to snap at someone he doesn't even know! He needs to control that temper of his. I get up from the stool, Jason doing the same standing next to me even though I didn't need his protection. Moreover, he couldn't fight Josh, he's shorter by a couple of inches and he is not as muscular as Josh, not that he isn't muscular but compare to Josh he's not as much and Josh would hurt him I can guarantee that.

"Who the hell is he!" He shouts his words cold and exact, the vein in his neck popping out.

"Why do you care! It's just one guy and why are you even in my life!" I snap with rage, hoping he feels what I felt with his words.

"Annabelle-" he starts.

"Don't Annabelle me! Go on and find that hoe of yours! And for your information, this is Jason a guy I just met and he was nice to me. He was keeping my company, it's not every guy I am with I will fall for or sleep with. On like some people," I am so talking about him and I don't care if it hurts him or not. "You really have the nerves talking to me after what you said!" A car pulls up and I look to see it is Declan and his white Honda Civic, thank God he is here. I turn to Jason while he glares at Josh, "I have to go now, thanks for the drinks." I walk off passing Josh, "I hope we meet again!" He smiles and goes to sit on the stool.

"Annabelle!" Josh yells after me, "I am sorry okay?" he walks behind me. "Listen to me-"

"I have to go, Josh," I say avoiding eye contact. I open the car door and sit closing it, Josh looking after me with his hands on his head and his face confused and angry.

He then turns and kicks the trash can away before storming away to his car, cursing.

Now he knows he fucked up.

"Hey," Declan says, looking at me confused. At some point, he's going to ask what happened and I am not divulging until it's the right time.

"Hi," I mutter, placing my seatbelt on.

"What was that all about?" He asks confused and curious, making me sigh. As much as I want to tell him all about it, I can't.

"Um, that was nothing," I mutter. "Don't worry about it, okay?" I emit a small, reassuring smile.

I am so angry and sad at the same time and I am trying my best not to show it. I thought Josh and I were getting there. I thought we are in this together, but I thought wrong. And the worst part is that I am falling for him. God, I need to stop falling in love with the wrong people.

"I don't believe you but I will give you time, so when you're ready you can tell me," he starts his car driving off. I smile at him before turning on the radio, Before you go by Lewis Capaldi playing.

So what I need. I sigh.

"Thank you," I tell Declan, leaning back into my seat looking through the window.

"You're welcome," he touches my shoulder before placing his hand back on the steering wheel.

***

I sit on my window staring outside my phone ringing for the tenth time. Of course, it is from Josh, he has been calling me non-stop and as much as I miss his touch I am still furious with him. How could he say what he said earlier?

I watch Mrs. Williams wheel into her house after gathering flowers from her garden next door, filled with various flowers, including my favorite lilies. Glancing at my phone, I notice missed calls from Josh, and messages from Abby and Declan checking if I'm alright. I hadn't responded since I canceled our shopping plans earlier.

I was excited about going shopping with them, but I'm not feeling up to it. I'm still upset and a bit sad about Josh and me. As for ditching my best friends for shopping, I haven't left my room since I got home. My brother and sister brought me snacks, and my mom tried talking to me, but I didn't mention Josh and me. I also finished my homework while I was in here, so I don't have to worry about it for Monday.