Chapter 32: Party at my house bitches!

I pull away from him, unable to make eye contact, so I stare down at my feet. "Look at me Annabelle," he orders with a stern and outraged voice, but I keep staring at the floor with nervousness, not being able to move. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I-"

"Fuck..." He growls. "Do you want to leave me?" He asks, taking a deep breath. "Am I not good enough for you, is that why you even took the scholarship? Look at me, Annabelle! I am fucking speaking to you!" He snaps, making me jerk in fright, quickly looking up at him, and he looks defeated, angry and heartbroken.

I never wanted this to happen, I wanted a college life with him, but things took a turn.

It's not as if I had a choice, I had to take that scholarship even though it meant going away from my friends, family, and boyfriend.

"I am sorry-" I begin, my eyes welling with tears.

My plan was never to leave him, but I have to think about my future...though I should have told him...I really should've.

"I don't need an apology Annabelle, I want to know why you took it?" He shakes his head with disbelief, running his hand over his curls. "Tell me why!" He hisses and I sigh.

"Because I didn't have a choice Josh," I toss my hands in exasperation unable to control my tears. "It-It was either Stanford or no college, NYU or no home for my family..." I sniffle wiping away my tears, embarrassed that I had to tell him I was broke. "I had to choose and I chose the most workable one. "

He calms down a little, looking down at me but was still angry. "Why didn't you tell me your family needed money?" He asks, a bit confused and I sigh. "We could've helped you guys Annabelle. "

"I didn't want that Josh, I didn't want to depend on you or your family for help even though I knew you guys would've helped. Plus my mom wouldn't have allowed me to," my tears starts spilling from my eyes thinking about losing him when it's time for college.

He exhales sharply, "How long have you been keeping this from me?"

"Not long Josh, I was planning on telling you the day we got into a fight. You made me so mad I didn't say anything." I explain to him.

"The scholarship," he says in realization, "You were so nervous when you took the SATs, why did you keep it from me when you were working for it? I could've waited until after the awards to choose Stanford with you."

"Josh I didn't think I was going to pass to even be one of the three. I know if I didn't pass I wouldn't have gone to a college and-" I cut myself off knowing where I am getting at, and it isn't a good time to bring up.

The last thing Josh wants to hear is that we would've broken up if I didn't get the scholarship. It was before I learn about Stanford, I thought I would've chosen the college I wanted to attend but I thought wrong.

He looks down at me, holding back tears as they threaten to spill, making my heart speed inside my chest.

I really wish I had told him earlier, but I wasn't sure.

He licks his lips the grits his teeth. "Annabelle if you told me all this before maybe, just freaking maybe we would've worked things out not having this unwanted conversation!" He hisses, placing his hands on his head, looking around unsettle. "Why, Annabelle?" He looks back at me with hurt in his eyes.

"Josh I-"

"You know what is even more unbelievable Annabelle? I got into NYU. I worked so hard for it, and I got in," he sighs and my eyes widen with shock.

"That's amazing-" I begin, very excited and proud for him

"No. No, it's not Annabelle, you will be all the in LA while I will be in New York. This wasn't what I wanted Annabelle, how can we be together-"