Chapter 31: "Shits about to get real"

London POV

December 31st, 11:00pm.

The party started at 10pm. I was fashionably late, even though it was hosted at our house.

Carter went along with his plan and threw a New Year' Eve party. Everyone was invited except the parents - they went on a trip to Paris.

The music and people were so loud, I could here them from Shadow and I's bedroom.
I decided to get ready on my own this time.
Ever since I've arrived here, April, Nazzi, and Blair would always help me get prepared if we were going to an event. But since they were busy helping Carter host the party, I got ready on my own.

Looking in the mirror once more, I smiled to myself, content with the outfit I chose to wear.
I was dressed in a plain black dress. I paired it with the charm bracelet Shadow given to me, and the necklace Carter gave to me.
I wore my favorite ankle boots, patterned, see through tights and square glasses, since I was aiming for a nerdy, yet chic look.

"London, you ready?" Carter asked from the other side of the door.

I threw my hair up into a messy bun, and made my way to the door.
"Yeah." I said, swinging the door open.

Carter looked me up and down, and gave me the nod of approval.
"I like the new look." He said, smiling.

"Thanks." I said, winking at him.

"Alright, let's go. Everyone is waiting on us." He said, leading me down the stairs.
Blair, Chuck, Nazzie, Noah, April, Jett and Shadow were all sitting outside in the backyard.

"Damn London." Chuck whistled, making me laugh,

"I agree. You look amazing." Blair added. I noticed her baby bump was showing even more. She should be around four months now.

The garden was filled with people drinking and dancing. Some were already passed out!

"Wow, a lot of people showed up, huh?" I said, taken back.

"Of course, it's my party!" Carter said cockily.
I simply shook my head at him.

"How much time left 'till 12?" Nazzie asked.

"50 minutes left." Noah answered, looking at his watch.

"Don't you dare leave my sight Chuck." Blair commanded.

"Why don't you want him to leave your sight?" I asked.
I knew Blair was possessive, but she never stopped people from having fun before.

"Because we need to have our New Year's kiss together." She informed me, before gazing lovingly at him.

"What does it mean, if you kiss at 12?" I asked. I'm a bit new when it comes to this romance stuff.

"It means," Shadow stood and began walking over to me, he stopped right next to me.
"They'll be together. . ." He whispered, I focused my gaze forward.
"Forever. . ." He said, his breath fanning my cheek. I felt my face begin to heat up. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here? Someone open a window.

"Get a room!" Noah shouted, making everyone laugh.

Shadow sat back down, and I made sure to keep my head down, so no one could see me blushing.

Suddenly, I felt my chair being pulled. Within seconds, I was right next to Shadow.
I looked at him confused.
"What-"

He cut me off,
"I want my forever kiss to be with you." He whispered in my ear, making me blush even more.

"Mhmm. . ." Was all I could say. He just smelt so good...like chocolates...mhmm.

"I'm going to get a drink." Shadow said, standing up. Snapping me out of my daze.