Chapter Two: "Like the city London?"

Picture of Shadow Winters

London's POV

I ran like my life depended on it. I needed to get out of there.

I can't believe my own family would do this to me, I don't even want to believe they did this to me.

I thought we would always stick together. Just thinking about what happened, is making me regret ever leaving University.

"LONDON!" Shadow shouted.

"Her name is London, like, the city London?" Carter asked. I couldn't help but giggle at Carter's comment.

"Yes, dumb ass. Now let's go and get her!" I heard Shadow shout.
I felt the urge to turn around, so I did.

You know the saying, 'Curiosity killed the cat'?

Well, I get it now.

The minute I did that, Shadows arms were wrapped around my waist. He spun me around and threw me over his shoulder. It happened so fast that I felt dizzy for a little while.

"Are you trying to piss me off?" Shadow hissed at me.

"Honestly, yes." I smirked.
"Now put me down."

"Nah, I like the view." I seriously think this guy is bipolar.

"Your lucky your my fiancé or I would have killed you ages ago." He threatened me casually, like it was an everyday thing.

You know what's irritating me so much, is the fact that people keep assuming I'm his fiancé.

Like I just agreed to being forced to marry a gang leader.

"I'm not your fiancé." I muttered angrily.

"You know you should just accept the engagement, because you know there is no way out of this." He shrugged as if there wasn't any weight on his shoulders, literally.

I do know that.
Maybe I should accept I'm going to marry him but I just can't, maybe I have a bit hope, hope to escape but hope could drive a person crazy.

He carried me towards the car,placed me on the ground and then slammed me against it. Placing both his hands on either side of my head, causing me to cringe back.

"You better not try running away again." Shadow warned, his minty breath fanning my face. He smirked when he noticed I didn't reply with a rude comment.

To be honest I'm not bothered, Shadow is pretty frightening, but I spent two years of University surrounded by people like him. People who think there better then each other but with Shadow it's worse and Except, they weren't gang leaders.

"London are you okay?" Carter asked me.

"No, not really." I answered honestly, all I wanted to do is go back home and tell Nazzie about how my family pulled a silly prank.

But obviously this isn't a prank at all.

He smiled at me reassuringly, which I returned. I had a feeling, I'm going to get along with him very well.

Carter opened the door for me and helped me get in. I sat in the middle, with Shadow on one side and Noah on the other.
Carter was driving whilst Jett sat next to him in silence. I've noticed that he doesn't speak much and always looked very angry.

I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep on the drive to their house.

I gradually opened my eyes, everything looked diagonal. I looked to the side to see Shadow looking outside the window and with his arm around me.