Chapter 6 Hermione P.O.V (rewritten)

Her deranged black eyes were inches from mine and full of an insane hunger, her rancid breath filled my senses as I writhed in agony with every stroke of her knife, my voice had left me what felt like a millennia ago as my throat was raw from screaming leaving pathetic whimpers in there place

It felt like I was underwater, it felt like I was drowning and there was no hope in saving me until a hand reached out to mine and gently wrapped itself around my own pulling me up to the surface. As I opened my eyes, my vision was foggy but I could barely make out someone with the build of a man and blond hair. I could feel my heart going a mile a minute, my eyes darting around the room until they landed on a small figure clearly that of a woman sitting so close to me I could almost make out her facial feathers. I felt a small groan escape my lips as a whole new pain flooded my senses, causing my lungs to constrict

I could hear murmuring all around me but I couldn't make out what they were saying, it was like I was submerged in the deep depths of the great lake. My eyes continued to quickly flash around the room only occasionally landing on the moving lips of the two strangers surrounding me. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't process any of my surroundings as it got harder to breathe. I felt the little hand quickly slip away from mine, as it got harder to breathe.

My mind was fuzzy, foggy and all muddled as I tried my hardest to keep my eyes open, so I could flee the second I needed to. Until an ice-cold hand gently laid itself over my eyes enabling the waves of sleep to take over me

The next time I opened my eyes I was in a snow-white dress, gazing out a window until a soft familiar voice filled my ears "good morning Hermione Granger or should I say Hermione Smith" I took a deep breath before turning around to face the familiar blue eyes of my brother. "Ron" instantly I flue myself at him engulfing him in a tight hug "I am so so so sorry, it's all my fault" I sobbed into his shoulder. He pulled away from me confusion painted over his pale features "what for" he asked cocking his eyebrow in the same way that he knew always made me laugh. "Nothing just a silly dream" I smiled hoping to reassure him. Was it true though had the events of the last few weeks had Ron dying all been a dream, had I made it all up?

"Well come on then, you don't want to be late for your wedding" he exclaimed pulling me from the room by my wrist. "I'm getting married today" I was shocked, if this was reality how could I have missed such a major part of my life, I dreaded the possibility that it was a dream. I finally had Ron back and that is a dream I would happily stay in one where nobody died and we still won the war. "Of course silly did you forget, the, and I am quoting her so forgive me if I get it wrong 'the biggest most important day of Hermione's life'" I laughed at his squeaky impersonation of his mother, as I shook my head.

We continued walking down the familiar stone halls of Hogwarts, not a single cobble out of place, not even a single speck of dust. It was as if no fight had taken place, no battle had been fought or won. As if nothing had happened. I sighed, content with how my life had turned out, until my illusion was ripped away from me "Hermione please wake up" called a sad soft voice, it echoed and reverberated off the stone walls. I looked at Ron confused "I am awake" was the last thing I could say to him before I was ripped away from Hogwarts, ripped away from my home and comfort. I was floating in an endless black void until the voice called again "Please Hermione wake up, I need you" I could hear the sadness and pain in the young woman's voice. I realised she was the only one tying me down the the realm outside, whether that be the afterlife or earth. Despite the emptiness scaring me, I felt oddly safe, I knew nobody could hurt me as I was alone, no death eaters, no order. No war. I was alone and at peace.

I felt something soft engulf my back and head although the softness was not enough to keep the pain and nausea from pulsating around my body. That was when I heard it. The pained sobbing that I was all too familiar with.