Chapter 16 Hermione P.O.V

As soon as Bella stepped out of the truck she instantly started to make out with Edward, to which I just rolled my eyes.

I was at a muggle high school, I walked around the truck to where my sister was "Good morning Hermione" Edward said

"Good morning" I tried to not let my anxiety show I should have known that it was too early to try school

"Well I've got to go I will see you at lunch bye" and with that Bella took Edward by the arm and led him into the school

"Hermione how are you" Alice was suddenly in front of me

"I am good thank you how are you"

"I am great, come I will give you a tour" she grabbed my hand and dragged me around the school showing me all there was before taking be into the reception

"Hello what can I do for you," asked a smiling old lady behind the desk

"I am new, I am Hermione Granger" I felt my heart drop after saying my name the name of my adopted parents.

I wiped their memory but they were found by death eaters who tortured them for information, then killed them after not getting what they wanted.

The lady then handed me my timetable and a slip of paper before Alice took me by the arm. We were in the hallway when she looked at my timetable, she took me down the hallway talking about how fun biology will be.

I walked into the room full of students busily talking paying no attention to me just how I like it. My body started to feel like lead my mind was racing and I could not breathe. I ran out of the class and into the bathroom.

Tears started to fill my eyes, as I scooped the cool water from the sink and lay my hands on my face. "Hermione" Alice stood next to me

I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and turned to face her keeping my head down I was ashamed at how I had reacted.

"What is wrong" she seemed genuinely worried

I froze as the anxiety became overwhelming, being with Ron on the beach kept flashing through my mind what I felt. 

An ice-cold hand wrapped around mine and I was back in the bathroom, tears started to stream down my face.

I was grateful for Alice she helped me calm down then took me back to class.

Alice and I left the class and headed to meet up with Bella and the other Cullens.

"Hermione are you sure everything is fine you seem quiet"

I do not know what it is but something about Alice that makes me want to tell her everything. I do know her secret so why can I not tell her mine.

"Yeah I just had a terrible couple of years this is so different than what I an use to back home"

The rest of the day past quickly and before I knew it I was back home.

I sat at my desk as a tear trickled down my cheek looking into the diary. I had made them towards the start of the war. The looked like ordinary diaries so they avoided suspicion. Ron and Harry both had one.

'Hi Harry'  I wrote, almost instantly Harry replied

'Hermione how are you'

'I am fine how are you'

'Are you crying' I noticed a teardrop on the page

'I was just thinking about everything, Ron, you, me, England'

We spoke well into the night. I lay down on my bed at around midnight but my head was overrun with thoughts. I could not get Alice out of my head what was I feeling for her. I felt something like this before but never this strong.

I decided to go out for a light night stroll. I got changed and slipped out the front door making sure to grab a key before I felt. The promise bracelet was cold around my wrist, each charm representing promises I made.