Chapter 24 Hermione P.O.V

I was blinded by a white light, when I could see properly a red-haired boy with blue eyes came over to me. "Ron is it really you," I hugged him tightly.

 "Hermione I am here" as we pulled back, everyone was surrounding us, from Sirius Black to Lily and James Potter.

"Thank you for looking after Harry for us," Lily said her voice was sweet

"So have I died," I asked every one

"Not quite Miss Granger," Professor Snape said this and walked forward "You have not quite reached death yet either"

"What?"

"Severus you explained that in the worse way possible," Tonks said as she and Remus walked forward

"Can someone explain what is going on"

Suddenly fear overtook my body.

I was on the beach shaking, Ron held me close to him repeating that I was alright and safe. I looked up and Harry was holding Dobbie as he gave his last breath. 

I looked up and saw Dumbuldor falling from the astronomy tower. He hit the floor not moving, all I wanted was for him to get up and say he was fine. Harry ran forward tears streaming down his face as he howled in despair.

I was in the forest of Dean in the tent, Harry said Voldemort, everything happened so fast. The snatchers came and started to chaise us through the forest. I was shooting spells at them to get away, the fear was swelling inside of me, It was like my heart was in my throat. I was trying to get them away.

I felt an uneasy sense of calm wash over me, I was at Hogwarts it was Christmas time I was at the Yuel ball, it was so perfect, I was so happy.

It felt like a massive punch to my gut.

Someone had grabbed me, I was in the department of mysteries. Spells were flying leaving scorch marks on the walls and bright colours lit the room. I hid with Ginny and Luna as Nevile and Ron hid across the room.

A pain shot threw me. I tried to move but it was like something was sitting on me. I started to open my eyes, as a tiredness swept me away. All the horrid memories started to flash by me one after another.

I was duelling with Ron, he was next to me, the air was thick. it was so loud. I took him by the hand. I was blinded by a green light. Ron was dead.

I slowly opened my eyes, the light was so bright it caused me to shut my eyes quickly. When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw Carlisle. I tried to sit up but a sharp pain shot up my side.

"It will hurt to move for a few hours" His gold eyes examining the stitching on my head

My head was pulsating so I could barely think straight "What happened" I asked him

"You passed out on your way down the stairs" He examined me as he continued talking "You have had bad head trauma, I need to make sure nothing too serious has happened. What is your name"

"Hermione Jean Granger" I replied

"How old are you"

"Seventeen"

"How do you feel"

"Dizzy, tired and I hurt all over" He gave me a small smile

"I will let you get some rest"  He turned towards the door to leave

"Will I be able to go back to school tomorrow" I was worried I would miss too much time away from school

"I am not sure it depends on how you feel in the morning" I let myself relax as he dimmed the lights and left the room.

"CRUSIO" The pain was undescribable. With each question she made it hurt more because I was not giving her the answer she wanted. With every scream, she was laughing maniacally. She stopped for a short time until she came over to me, her knife in hand. She presses the knife hard into my arm.

"Hermione it is fine, Hermione wake up" I heard as she cast Crusio again, I could hardly breathe.

When I opened my eyes, it felt like I had been winded. Carlisle was next to me 

"Hermione do you often get these nightmares,"

"Yes" I did not want to give away to much

"How much sleep do you normally have"

"I do not know but even if I have sleep I am still exhausted" He gave me a concerned look

"What are the nightmares about"

I looked down trying to avoid his gaze and come up with something to tell him.

"In England," I said quickly  "In England my adopted parents died, I nearly did."

"I am sorry that must have been hard for you" He gave me sympathetic smile before turning to leave, I lay back hoping for some sleep.

Bellatrix was on the dragon with Harry, Ron and me after escaping Gringotts. She grabbed my arm, she had started to carve MUDBLOOD on my arm before dropping me into the water below. The bloody water filled my nostrils as I felt something latch onto my leg, I look down and saw a Grindalow. I tried to reach for the surface but every time I got close I was pulled down. I kept trying to reach for the surface, as the minutes ticked by they felt like hours. I gave up willing to accept death. 

My eyes slowly opened and ones again I was surrounded by white lights Remus Lupin was crouched beside me "one more time" he said

"Good morning Hermione" my eyes slowly opened Carlisle was next to me again "how do you feel"

"Fine I feel fine" I tried to blink away the tears building up behind my eyes as a tear started to fall

"Hermione are you sure" I could tell he was not convinced in the slightest

I looked down trying to hide the tears falling from my eyes "yes I never felt better" I sat up and tried to take a step to prove that I was fine. My legs turned to paper as soon as I touched the floor. Carlisle caught me before I could hit the floor and helped me back up. 

"Hermione please talk to me I want to help you" he spoke sincerely, I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks.

I wanted to tell him everything I could not keep in my secret for any longer 'tough it is not just my secret' I told myself.

"I miss my adopted parents and every time I shut my eyes I see them and everything that happened in England" It wasn't a lie exactly but it wasn't the full truth

"Can I go back to school today"

"It is a Saturday"

"What do you mean"

he tried to calm me down before explaining "Your body is struggling to keep functioning"

"I... I do not understand"

"You have been asleep for quit a while"

I thought back to the dream I just had, I thought back to when I asked if I was dead, I wanted to be.

"I will bring you some breakfast" Carlisle offered

"I am not hungry" The feeling of hopelessness flooded me as my stomach lurched at the thought of food

"You have not eaten anything in a while, you have got to eat something" my stomach growled in agreement "I will get you something to eat"

Afew moments later he returns with a small plate of pancakes, then sits in the chair next to me.