Chapter 59 Hermione

I gazed at myself in front of the mirror in the bathroom, I let my glamour drop after making sure I was definitely alone, my head was aggressively pulled from left to right making me feel dizzy.

There were faded scars littering my face, I could tell you where I had gotten each of them, like the small scar that started from the corner of my head and crossed my eyebrow, I had gotten that one after disarming a death eater before losing my own wand that resulted in a physical fight, Rookwood grabbed the knife hidden up his leave, I blocked him the best I could but he caught the side of my face tearing my skin as he dragged his dagger down my face. That night still haunts me.

I quickly finish up in the bathroom and left before turning out the light I could have sworn that I saw a trickle of blood slide down my cheek.

A usual sick feeling climbed up my throat as I thought back to the mirror. I brought my hand up to my face but nothing was there. Nothing apart from a single salty tear. I quickly slipped on a beige jumper with black jeans and boots, looked around checking I had not forgotten anything before disappearing back home.

"Hey dad" I greeted Charlie in the kitchen quickly putting on a smile to avoid any questions

"Hey Hermione did you have fun last night"

"Yes, thank you it was nice being back," I said earnestly

"So how are things with you and Alice going," Charlie asked trying to make conversation but failing miserably

"G... g... good"

"Have a good day?" Charlie said rising from his seat and making his way to the front door

I quickly raised upstairs grabbing my bag, before running back down the stairs excited for school "breakfast" Bella shouted at me as she ate half her toast

I rolled my eyes as I ran back over to the table stealing the other half of her toast "thanks"

"Hey that is not propper breakfast and that was mine"

"Sorry mum I called back over my shoulder" quickly slamming the door behind me as I left