Chapter 8 Bella P.O.V

Carlisle stayed with Hermione checking on her injuries and helping her fight off whatever infection she had contracted. I could not help but worry and panic, Hermione is my sister it may not be by blood but I love her more than anything in this world, I felt guilty for not trying harder to find her... to help her.

Hermione has always been there for me: when I first started speaking, losing my first tooth, whenever I was sick, for every trip, fall and stumbled and I will never forget the time she got herself suspended for punching my bully in the throat. She was there even when Renee was not.

Edward had begrudgingly left for a quick hunt just an hour before Hermione finally opened her eyes. Despite them never fully opening I could see her deep brown eyes darting around the room, her face twisted in a pained grimace as her breath increased, her eyes were covered in a cloudy sheet of tears but they never stopped darting. "Carlisle, what's wrong with her? What's going on" my voice cracked as I tried to fight back my own tears as fear gripped me once again.

Without hesitating a second Carlisle darted over to his black bag withdrawing another vile and needle, after transporting the contents into the needle he injected the transparent liquid into Hermione's arm. Very quickly after the liquid entered her system her tensed frame relaxed, "Her injuries haven't healed so as she regained consciousness she would have been in an excruciating amount of pain." he explained as he gently squeezed my shoulder. I carefully traced my fingers around the outline of her thin, damaged, face just wondering, what had she been through.

It wasn't until the sun started to rise from behind the clouds Edward came back from hunting allowing Carlisle to go hunting to get ready for work. "I'm not going to school today," I said whilst leaning further into his cold frame "I want to be with her when she wakes up"

He smiled down at me his topaz eyes shining like gold nuggets in the sun "Would you like me to stay with you" his concern always touched me but I thought Hermione would prefer if it if I was alone "What is she like" he asked kissing my head lightly

I felt my smile widen with this rare opportunity to talk about my hero "She is a literal genius and so brave and not at all clumsy" Edward chuckled lightly at this clearly remembering all of my previous incidents and accents "She is kind and always sees the good in everyone. Oh, and she loves books" Edwards sat politely listening but I felt he didn't understand the hight of Hermione's books "I mean she loves books, she is constantly shopping for books or reading books, she is obsessed" By the end of my little rant Edward was laughing so hard he had through throun his head back and his eyes were tightly squeezed shut.

"Do you think Alice and her will enjoy shopping together" he jest, I smiled thinking back to the last time Alice had forced me to be the victim of all her shopping torture, hours upon hours of mind-numbing shopping as Alice justified it 'saving me from my own evil wardrobe and fashion sense or lack there off'.

"Not at all," I said, laughing at the thought of Alice and Hermione arguing, like an old married couple, over which shop to go in first as people stare at the odd scene whilst walking passed. Hermione is very stubborn more so than myself and Alice combined and rarely takes no for an answer "It would be an all-out war in the middle of the mall"

We continued talking for several more hours about Hermione but for the most part, we sat in silence as I watched over my sleeping sister "I should head off. Are you sure you'll be alright on your own" I soothed him for the hundredth time that I would be fine on my own with Hermione for the day "Goodbye my love I will see you after purgatory" I smiled and rolled my eyes "oh I mean school" he leaned down giving me another light kiss on my cheek as I continued laughing

"You need to get better jokes. Goodbye, Edward have a good day" With one final kiss to my forehead he slipped out my window and away into the forest, leaving Hermione and I alone for the first time since she fell into my arms many hours ago.