Chapter 34 Hermione P.O.V

Bella has never been good at lying or keeping secrets, so I knew she was up to something over the past week, but figured that she would tell me when she wanted to I could hardly talk about keeping secrets. 

I felt someone lightly shake my arm to wake me up. I groaned as I turned to face my sister. "Bella, what is going on?" It is rare for her to be awake before me, she lightly laughed "what,"

"You sound so funny with your accent when your tired" I rolled my eyes Bella never fails to amuse me "Happy birthday, now come on get up"

Bella left my room so I could get changed. I went over to my desk to find a single letter.

To Herms
Happy birthday.
Molly wants you to come home for a bit,
so she can make sure that you are alright.
You know how much she worries.
From
Harry

A smile crosses my face he knows how much I hate being called Herms I will just have to go to teach him a lesson. I went downstairs, Charlie was sat at the table drinking his usual mug of coffee. Bella was in the kitchen a frying pan in her hand.

"Happy birthday Hermione," Charlie said to me as I sat down opposite him

"Thank you dad" Charlie walked over to the cupboard and brought out a small wrapped box.

"I know you said that you didn't want to do your birthday but I saw this and could not let you completely ignore it" I wish he had let me forget my birthday, I still felt guilty about being alive let alone growing up.

I slowly pulled back the paper and opened the box.  There was a gold otter on a silver chain, I started to feel tears build up behind my eyes which I instantly blinked away. Charlie picked up the neckless and walked behind me. I looked down at the little otter hanging on my neck. "Thank you, I love you" I turned and wrapped my arms around him, tears starting to flow down my cheeks as my thoughts fell on Ron.

"Come on, we don't want to be late" Bella said through the door. I look at the watch on my wrist it was six o'clock in the evening, why did we have to go out so late. I was excited for later as in England it would still be the day time and I was going to see everyone, I still had a shadow of doubt following my though

I get off my bed, make my way towards the door, and reach for the handle but hesitated. I walked back over towards my desk. I take the key hidden just under my pen pot. I took a deep breath before turning the key and lightly pulling the door open. I opened the cupboard a couple of months ago and ended up sobbing over the first photo Harry, Ron and I ever had together. God, I miss them both so so much.

I reach for the back of the narrow cupboard and pull out what any muggle would look like a long stick, but in fact, it is my wand. I slip it into my back pocket making sure that it is hidden and out of sight before heading downstairs and to my inpatient sister in her truck.

When we arrived Alice, practically dragged me out of the car "careful Alice, she is only human" I heard Edward call out.

She led me up to the house and into the large living room. There was always a warmth that spread around the house making me think back to the burrow. Esme came over and gave me a light hug "happy birthday, Hermione" her voice as sweet as ever

"Thank you" I was amazed at everything that they had done for me. The party went on for several hours, it was about eleven o'clock when it was time to go.

Emmet and Rosalie gave me a photo that was taken one of the times that I had visited it felt like the Cullens were apart of my new family, a pang of guilt crossed me was I really trying to replace everyone who died. Carlisle and Esme gifted me a large collection of old rare and expensive books. Jasper and Cary presented me with a series of pencils, pens and sketchbooks. Edward gave me clay and paints. Alice gave me the best gifts of all, a gorgeous ornate music box and of course a dress Alice had tried to persuade me to buy on our last shopping trip but I refused.

When I got home, Bella gave me a small box inside was a silver bracelet engraved on the outside was 'Forever in my heart'  engraved on the inside was our names. I embraced her in a tight hug "I am going to England to see the others just for a small amount of time" I pulled away and with a flick of my wand had a small suitcase packed in my hand "can you tell dad where I am" I gave her a quick kiss on her forehead as I disapparated to the Burrow.

Sorry it has taken so long writer's block is evil, I hope it was worth the wait. Who is your favourite Twilight and Harry Potter character?