Chapter 11 Hermione P.O.V

I wanted to forget as much of my pain as possible so I locked my spell and potion books along with my wand in a cupboard as I unpacked.

Bella was so happy that I agreed to meet her boyfriend and his family it was almost contagious. Charlie made me feel at home instantly.

I would stare at the window, I get stressed at the thought of going out especially if they were loud and crowded places. Bella has been the best sister ever and helped me walk out into the back garden I was slowly getting back to somewhat normal.

She often asked me to tell her stories of my time during the war. I wanted to hide a lot from her the less she knows the better I kept telling myself. I would describe the forest and finding the Horcruxes.

I was terrified as I sat on my bed waiting for Bella's boyfriend when she stuck her head around the door, "He's here" I gave her a nervous smile as she dragged me from my bed to the top of the stairs.

"I can walk down them on my own," I told her she gave me an apologetic smile before racing down the stairs, I took a deep breath before walking down myself.

He stood up from the sofa as I entered the living room, he was very pail with perfect features, he had a strong build and was tall, his bronze hair was messy reminding me of Harry.

"Hello I am Edward," he said stepping forward and outstretched his hand.

"I am Hermione," I lightly smiled as I took his hand. It was freezing I quickly pulled away.

They started to leave the room to the car outside, Bella stopped next to me

"Just a second Edward, why don't you wait in the car" he nodded and left the house

"Hermione what's wrong," she asked me

"He's a vampire" my breathing became shakey

"I know"

"You know" my anxiety was increasing

"Please give them a chance, they are vegetarian vampires, they don't eat humans"

That made me feel so much better it's not like they could still lose control, I thought back to Sanguini how he followed me around Slughorns Christmas Party like I was dinner.

I took a deep exhale, as I looked into her eyes she gave me her puppy dog eyes "fine, I, I will give them a chance"

"Thank you" she hugged me tightly

"Anything else I should know," I asked

"Edward can read your thoughts, Jasper can scenes emotions and Alice can see the future," she told me sheepishly

"So nothing much" I smiled my anxiety slowly increasing as I put up my shield and my wards to prevent any of them from finding anything.

She took me by the hand and lead me to the car.

Driving through the forest made me feel tense as I thought back to running through the forest of Dean. After about an hour we pulled up outside a mansion. Bella was sat next to me, she grabbed my hand and gently squeezed it giving me a reassuring smile.

I took a shaky breath as I stepped out of the car and slowly followed Bella and Edward up to the door. 

It was opened by a man and woman. The woman was breathtaking with caramel brown hair perfectly outlining her heart-shaped face. The man had blond hair reminding me of Draco and Lucius Malfoy. "I am Esme" she smiled as she gave me a light hug, the man walk over and placed his hands around Esme's shoulders "I am Carlisle," he said he had a slight British accent that he tried to hide. They reminded me of the Weasleys

A tall muscular dark-haired came out of the house next gave me a big hug and introduced himself as Emmett when he let go my hands drifted to my pockets remembering my wand was still in the cupboard my instincts were telling me to run away.

The next out of the house was a woman who had blond hair and reminded me of Fleur Delacour, who introduced her self as Rosalie. Another woman came out she had long chocolate coloured hair called Cary lead a man called Jasper out of the house he had hair that reminded me of honey.

They all seemed friendly helping me relax slightly. A small pixy like girl left the house she was by far the smallest out of all of them. As we locked eyes, my mind went blank, she quickly disappeared off the other Cullens were clearly confused "That's Alice" smiled Esme as she invited me inside there home.