Chapter 37 Hermione P.O.V

My relationship with Alice had been moving quickly and she had confessed that I was her mate. 

I woke up, hearing tapping at my window, I dragged myself out of bed, I opened the window and took the letter from the owl's beak, as a gust of ice-cold wind filled me, Christmas was coming soon, although Christmas will not be the same without Ron.

I quickly opened the letter, it was from Kingsly Shacklebolt. He was frequently making sure that I was alright, I am glad that I met Kingsly. I quickly wrote back explaining that I was fine and asked how he was.

"Hermione" Bella had come into my room and grabbed me by the arm "you can not avoid Jake forever, he's outside and wants to meet you" I quickly grabbed my wand from my desk as I was dragged away from the safe confines of my room

"Hermione hi" Jacob came over to us, I had met him a only a few times while visiting Bella

"Hello Jacob, how are you" I stuck out my hand and he took it his hand was boiling, it was certain he was a shifter

"I am fine how are you"

"I am good" our interaction was tense but that was how I acted when I met new people, I tried to figure out if they intended to harm me or my family.

When he finally left, I felt empty. I wanted to see Ron I had not gone to the graveyard since the funeral. "Dad I am going to visit Ron"

 "Be careful and be back soon" I nodded and disapparated, it was easy for me as they knew about me being a witch.

I walked along with the rose of headstones until I came to Rons

In Loving Memory Of  Ronald Bilius Weasley Loving, Son And Friend He Died A Hero

I cried as I read the headstone, "Orchideous" I whispered, the most beautiful irises appeared violets, blues, pinks and yellows Ron would have loved them. I sat down on the path in front

"Hi, Ron, sorry I have not visited in a while, it has just been hard, I miss you why did you have to jump in front of that curse why did you have to die" tears fell down my cheeks like rivers.

"I should have died, look at me complaining about you dying, I am grateful that you are my brother" I always considered Ron and Harry to be my brothers "you will be happy to know that I have met someone she is amazing, her name is Alice you would have loved her" I sat there for hours just talking.

It was not until the snow was falling heavily that I decided it was time to go home "See you later Ron, I love you" tear was still falling as I kissed his name and disapparated back home.