Chapter 22 Edward P.O.V

I had just gotten back from my hunt when I got a call from Bella, explaining that the truck had broken down. I offered to take her and Hermione to school.

I was thinking back to school, how exhausted Hermione looked.  I focused on my homework. I sat down getting lost in my thoughts until I read Alice.

I knocked on her door "Come in" she said

"Alice tell me what is wrong" I was stood in her doorway, she looked at me with sad eyes

"What if Hermione does not what to be with me"

"Alice she is your mate I have seen how she is with you"

"But" she tried to interrupt me

"No buts, you should invite her out"

"Where," she asked

"the movies, a restaurant or even just a walk" her eyes lit up with joy as she danced over to me and gave me a hug.

I got into my car and drove down to Bella's house to pick them up. 

"Hermione is not well," Bella told me

"Oh"

"Could you try talking to her about staying home"

I went to reply when I hear what sounded like something falling down the stairs, then the scent of blood filled my nostrils. I ran inside the house Bella following.

Hermione was covered in blood and she looked worse than she did yesterday. The was blood on the walls and on the carpet. Bella burst out in tears, I picked up her thin body.

"We need to get her to Carlisle" I ran out of the house and put her in the back of the car. I called Carlisle as we sped down the road.

"Edward is everything alright"

"No Hermione is sick"

"What happened"

I looked to Bella who was distort "She had not been well for a couple of days, I think she has fainted"

We finally pulled into the garage and I took Hermione into my arms as Bella got out of the car. I took her to Carlisle.