Chapter 10 Bella P.O.V

I was so happy that Hermione had agreed to meet the Cullens, she left her bed a few days after arriving like what Carlisle had said she should so her stitches had time to heal properly. Charlie was over the moon to see his little girl again.

Renee had been pregnant with Hermione early in her relationship with Charlie and gave Hermione up for adoption after she was born. None of us had ever forgiven Renee for doing it.

She had scars covering the back of her neck and her arms, her scars reminded me of Jaspers scars. 

Hermione had not left the house since she came. She would stand at the window as if she longed to join the outside world but she wasn't able to. I tried to encourage her and finally got her to stand in the back garden.

She was settling in well and she was slowly coming out of her shell and told me what had happened to her but she would never tell me the whole story.

I would spend the whole weekend having her tell me the tales of her hunt of Horcruxes and braking into Gringotts bank. She would often laugh at my wide-eyed face as she would describe the woods and the beach where Shell cottage was.

I wanted her to meet Edward first so she didn't have such a shock when she met the others.