63: The Night a Diamond Glinted

Biya's POV

"Here you go. One large thin crust mushroom pepperoni pizza and crabmeat and corn soup. Here's the Gatorade." Ronaldo spoke like a delivery man. He held the food upwards as he spoke. Opening the door wider for him, he entered.

"Put it in the kitchen, Ronaldo. I'll take care of the rest." I told him and he said a yes before coming inside. Going straight to the kitchen, he placed everything in the kitchen aisle.

"Do you need anything else, Ma'am?" He said taking out the soup out of a thermal bag.

"That's all. Grazie."

"No problem, ma'am." He spoke while walking away from the kitchen.

"Call me if you need anything el- Sir?" His steps halted as he spotted Emil in the living room lying down looking very much beaten and tired.

"Hey Ronaldo. Thanks for the food." He gruffly spoke sending him a small smile. Ronaldo turned his attention to me, pointed at him with his mouth agape.

"Did someone attack you here, miss?" He stood straighter looking around on high alert.

"No. I don't know what really happened yet." He nodded at me before rushing to Emil's side.

"Sir, how are you?"

"I'm good. Just a couple of scratches and bruises here and there." I scoffed at that. Yeah sure. Just a couple of scratches...

"Do you need any help?" Emil waved a hand at him and shook his head.

"Marcus got this. Don't worry about it. Just stay by Biya's side when she's out, okay?"

"Yes sir!" He said before he went back to me.

"Ma'am, can I stay here? I'll stay in the guest bedroom just to be safe."

"Emil?" I caught the man's attention. He was looking at the both of us.

"Yeah?"

"Can Ronaldo stay in the other guest bedroom?"

"Sure. Not a problem. I need to contact Sam so she can arrange everything in the house."

"I can do that, Emil." I volunteered but he shook his head.

"She lives a block from here. It's okay. She can come here any time." He replied. Ronaldo rushed to his side seeing that he was trying to reach his phone on the table.

"I'll do it for you, Sir." Ronaldo said and he nodded.

"Let me put my password." He reached out to Ronaldo who silently gave him his phone.

"There." He gave his phone back to him and Ronaldo called Sam.

"Hey. This is Ronaldo, Miss Beatrice's bodyguard. Signore Carini needs your assistance." He spoke formally.

"Okay. Thank you." He ended the call and gave the phone to Emil.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome, Sir."

"I'm home!" Elda shouted as she came barging inside the house. She was about to start talking when she stopped with eyes wide as saucers.

"What the fuck happened?!"

"I have no idea." I replied.

"Did Zeke beat the shit out of you?" She asked coming in closer towards us, dropping her bag like it was her house.