10: The Day I Joined A Tug of War

I woke up with the most terrible headache I ever had. I groaned rubbing my face with both of my hands. Wait a minute? How did I end up here? I looked under my blanket to see if someone changed me but no one did. I sighed in relief. I got up from my bed and my heavy head made it impossible for me to focus. Suddenly, a sudden urge came rolling from my stomach and I shot out from my bed and went to the bathroom to puke. Flushing the contents, I washed my hands then I grabbed my toothbrush. Looking at the mirror while I brushed my teeth, I realized that my make- up was gone. Maybe Elda removed it? I finished brushing and washed my face. I went out of my room and went to Elda's room.

"Elda?" I knocked her door.

"Hmmmmm?" I heard her hum. I opened the door and she was in her bed clothes and her hair was a mess. I have to lean at the door frame since I still was dizzy.

"Hey. You okay?"

"No." I groaned again as headache struck me.

"Oh. Please take the medicine Zeke left." Zeke? I was confused to whom he was but then I remembered him at the club. He was a wonderful guy. How thoughtful of him to do such a thing? I was touched by that.

"It's on your bedside table." I didn't notice that.

"Okay. So he took us home?" Elda smiled at me.

"Yeah. He's a great guy and I think he's into you." I scoffed.

"Nonsense."

"Yes it is. You know what, now that you're sober, you can see who he is." If I see him again... The uncertainty gave me relief. I don't want to see him again. I might have done something embarrassing last night. I winced just thinking of it.

"I know that look. I'm sure he can see you again." She wiggled her brows together giggling while I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Elda."

"Yeah... Be like that and you'll fall for him harder."

"No I won't."

"Yes you will." I was about to answer her again when my stomach churned. I ran to Elda's bathroom since it was the closest and emptied my stomach again.

"Gosh." I heard her say before I felt her hand rubbing circular patterns on my back while I continued to heave. I flushed it and went to the sink to gurgle and wash my mouth.

"Thanks." I said and she gave me a weak smile.

"This is what it feels like when you had a very great time at the bar or club."

"Yeah, I guess so." I wiped my mouth.

"I better get the medicine." She nodded.

"Yes you should." I went to my bedroom and saw the pills on my bedside table together with a note. I picked the note first and I saw his not- so- beautiful handwriting.

Drink these. Rehydrate yourself. I left sports drink in your refrigerator. Take care. :) – Zeke

I smiled at his message and I put it down. I grabbed the pills and went to the kitchen to grab some water. I took the pills and drank water. It refreshed me so I drank more and more and more water. Once I was satisfied, I went back to my room and lied on my bed.

"I'm making breakfast!" Elda informed across the room.

"Okay!" I replied before I rolled myself around my blanket like a sushi roll and just waited for her to call me since I feel really tired even if I had just woken up earlier. My eyes were dropping when I heard people arguing outside. I groaned and grabbed my pillow to cover my ear when I heard Elda's loud voice.