28: The Night the Lights Flickered

Biya's POV

If we were in a different world, Nyle and I would be the humans in the field full of vampires.

"Should we tell them?" I asked him and he smirked.

"Let's make this night entertaining." He replied before we faced the crowd again. They section we were in went silent waiting for our answer and I gripped my brother's arm tighter.

"She's my sister." He broke the news loud enough for the neighboring section to hear and all of them went crazy. I suppressed my laughter as we bade goodbye and they acted like toddlers who wanted their candies. Being in the spotlight has benefits, I thought. I found it very amusing. Once we were inside the building, I let him go and we both let out a huge breath of relief before we laughed.

"Oh my God! They went insane." I remarked with a laugh and my brother joined me.

"I know. That was awesome."

"You seem to be having a great time already." Someone spoke beside me and I turned around to see the familiar face of my boss.

"Blaze! I mean- Dottore Blaze-" He cut me off by the wave of his hand, his face saying 'no need for the formalities.'

"Just call me Blaze, Biya. Geez."

"Oh. Okay. What are you doing here? I thought you are in the hospital."

"I have a secret life. I can pull some strings and be here. I can leave if I'm needed." He winked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"So how about you? Why are you with the star of the night? Nice to meet you, by the way." He shook hands with Nyle. After that, he shot me a look before whispered "did you leave him?" then smiled mischievously.

"What did he mean by that?" Nyle asked out of curiosity. Blaze is doing this on purpose. I'm so going to find a case for him that will make his head hurt.

"It's nothing. Don't mind him." I dismissed the topic with a wave of my hand and I heard Blaze whisper to Nyle "Don't listen to her."

"Seriously though, why are you laughing when you just came outside? The entertainment is here, not there." He pointed outside where guests still kept on coming.

"Well, we just blew their minds out there." I said and he smiled in amusement.

"Really? How so?"

"He's my brother." His jaw dropped and Nyle chuckled.

"Shit! What?!"

"Yeah. My real brother." I added and she shook his head in disbelief.

"Wow. Tha- that's amazing! It's hard finding your real family let out a brother. Oh now I get it. That's why you dyed your hair blonde. To give them a hint which we obviously ignored. Stupid me. I could have guessed it with your physical features." Blaze said acting like a fool but then he sported a smirk on his face.

"I'm glad you met your brother, Biya. I'm happy for you." He said and we hugged.

"And you, young man, are amazing. I have seen half of your shots and they are all incredible. I saw a lot of emotions in one picture and now I see Emilio Carini in a different light."

"Thank you so much." They shook hands again and he excused himself to enjoy the rest of the show.

"They will be introducing me soon. I have to take my leave." Nyle informed me as we began to walk around.