36: The Day the Tenacious Cupid Visited Me

Emil's POV

"Shit! What the actual fuck?! You're smiling!" Gio gaped at me the moment he entered my office.

"Hello to you too, Gio. What's up?"

"What's up? I heard that you are now in good terms with her now. Is that true? Woah! You look healthier now. You look like shit months ago. Ah! I wish I could have come in here sooner but my Nonno was so persistent for me to get this big business deal I didn't have time to visit you."

"Did you come here to gossip, my friend? Because I have so many things to do."

"See? Your face looks bright and healthier now too. I wish Gabriel can come and see this. Too bad I am the only one who has heard it. Percyla just mentioned it to me last night about your friendship." He laughed taking a seat in one of the seats at the other end of the table.

"So, what now?"

"What do you mean by that?" I asked my brows furrowed in curiosity.

"What happens to you two now that everything is settled?" I shrugged and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Come on, man. You need to get moving. You're getting old."

"I really want to punch you right now." I gritted my teeth in annoyance while he just smirked at me.

"Any woman you are interested with?"

"None." He arched a brow before pulling a piece of paper from my files.

"Hmmm... perhaps I can hook you up with someone. Do you want someone who likes to work on paperwork? Coz I can make my assistant find one. Blonde, brunette or jet black? Pet-"

"You know what? Fuck you. I didn't welcome you hear to annoy the hell out of me. If you really want to have someone to mess up with, then, go find one. I am not in the mood." I waved him off, pissed.

"Oh no no no. I already have my woman and she even has my last name now. I'm faithful to her and she's the only woman for me. I only want to help you out."

"Whatever. I don't need your help, Gio. I'm fine."

"Sure. Sure." He dragged the last word out with a wicked grin.

"Seriously, you won't do anything now?" This was the reason why I didn't tell them. I kept it all by myself. Dad was the only one who actually knew about my situation and what I was standing to with her.

"I am not like you that moves when you see the opportunity, Gio." He was being a trigger for me. I don't really need any suggestions or questions of me making a move on Biya because I really treasure our friendship now. We have started over and I wanted us to stay like that for as long as possible. He huffed out a breath before standing.

"Okay. If you say so. I am just saying that you need to act before regretting every minute you are wasting your time with something else. I didn't actually jump on Percyla the moment she was a free woman, Emil. Do not ever assume that I was that heartless. I waited for my time and I gave respect to her feelings but to you, you are waiting for nothing. You are scared."

"You all are seriously messing with my head now. My dad has given me advice about this and I think it was a good advice but I don't know. I might be pushing her again and I don't want to ruin our friendship again, Gio. I just got her back. This is so messed up now and I cannot think straight because of what you have been all saying. We established that we're gonna be friends and support each other for anything now since we had closure about our past relationship. Won't it be disrespectful and asshole-ish to act like that? I-I-" I was so troubled with the thoughts running inside my mind again that I stood up and began yelling at him.