49: The Night an Angel was Between Us

Biya's POV

The night came with my parents acting pretty calm. Well, dad had to stop mom from pressing into questions sometimes but Emil tried his best to answer without offending anyone and bringing up the horrible past we had. He had the power to command the room, his aura calm and welcoming, unlike his usual fiery and straightforward behavior. He was a charmer, really, and I was glad that he kept the mood light as I wanted not to worry for now. I was with my family. I had my son in my arms. It's all I asked for. My son chuckled in my arms, his eyes shut in a peaceful sleep while I sat in front of a bonfire in front of my family and Emil. I wish Percyla and her family could be here but I knew they had their own lives now.

"So, how's your charity going?" Dad spoke as the fire cracked and sparks flew. I noticed Emil beside me straighten, his glass of red wine gripped in his hold. We were sitting by the bonfire both Emil and my dad set up before the sun has set. I didn't know what possessed dad to ask for Emil's help to get some logs and prepare for a bonfire when we have staff for that. When they finished, they seemed more relaxed with each other, smiling and nodding when coming into an agreement. I was relieved at that, knowing how uptight dad can be. Momma Lorie was on another level. She can be as aggressive as a tiger and still act like a kitten. She's the one I'm nervous about. I knew she didn't like it when someone messed with her family. She spoils everyone and anyone who wants to crush the people she loves would face her and their damnation.

"How did you know about his charity?" I asked implying about Emil's charity of feeding the homeless and the less fortunate. He still pushed it through and would sometimes get home late as he wanted to oversee everything.

"News." Dad shrugged before tilting his own glass of red wine to Emil.

"It's going great. Some of my friends want to do a charity event where I should host parties and such," I looked at him at what he said. Would he do that? Would he do what people demanded him to do for glamour and more exposure to fame?

"But I would like my program to stay that way." He continued before taking a quick drink of his wine. I looked away and focused on my son, slightly snoring, looking unbothered by what was happening around him. I tugged his hat lower on his forehead and made sure he was warm in his thick blanket wrapped around him. Geno's nanny went to the other house where the staff lived in the Moretti estate to freshen up and I gladly wanted to cuddle my son a bit more even if he was asleep. I was also enveloped by a huge thick blanket, the vines that formed an arch on top of us, Emil, me and Genos, providing shade to this early night.

"Why? You can invite more people. The Italian Society can help you if you can do a gala or something." Mom looked so confused and I smiled in understanding. Lorena Moretti was known to throw the best galas and parties in Italy and her facing Emil, a billionaire and a famous chef, made all her experience go into the puddle as I knew Emil doesn't like to always expose everything. Including our past relationship.

"Thank you, Signora Moretti, I but I would like to keep my profile low. I really want this project to not be publicly reported." He confidently smiled and she just hummed her response before leaning on dad's shoulder.

"Signorina Kairis, I can take Geno to his bed now." Maria tapped me by the shoulder, her smile endearing with her hands held forward ready to take Geno to her arms. I looked at my son who just shifted a bit in my arms. I still don't want to let him go.

"I'll do it, Maria. You can rest now, dear." I smiled at her and happily obliged, wishing me good night before skipping happily on the stone steps. She's adorable.

"How old is she?"

"25." Mom replied before taking a sip of her drink.

"She's good." I remarked.