Burn: The Epilogue

Burn: The Epilogue

Emil's POV

"It's not that bad." Gabriel nervously chuckled, scratching his nape while he tried to start our explanation. His girlfriend raised a brow at him clearly not convinced with what he said.

"Amico, you explain to them. This is your issue you need to discuss with them." Gio spoke to me and he gestured at the three women still looking terrifying as they silently waited for us. Biya had a blank look on her face now and I was not sure if she was just angry or hellishly angry with me.

"My wife is going to literally make me sleep outside tonight if we don't get our shit together, bro." He whispered with his eyes darting at his wife before he shoot me a stare as if to help him. If we were not in the hot seat right now, I would have laughed.

"I will. Let's just tell them the truth." He nodded at my suggestion.

"That's a good idea. Let's get this over with now." Gabriel whispered to us.

"You're like children trying to plan what to say after they did something shitty." Caralei commented with a smirk.

"Right?" Biya laughed in agreement with her.

"Okay okay. Hear us out. Yes, we went there and took care of Zeke but we weren't in that serious situation." I started and Biya immediately whipped out her crutches, placed in front of her and stood up angrily. I have never seen anyone do that but shit! It's scary as fuck to have her do that. I felt like one wrong word from me and she might beat my ass with those crutches. Her face glowered with anger and for reasons I cannot explain, deep inside me, I still find her beautiful despite the smoke coming out of her ears.

"Not serious?! Emil, he had you all at gunpoint! Where the hell is the part it wasn't serious?" She snapped.

"Yes, yes. That's right but we could have handled it. Gabriel was there and so was Gio to call backup if necessary."

"We won't leave our friend behind." Gio added.

"You all know I can protect him even at gunpoint." Gabriel spoke before lowering his head when his girlfriend also stood up from her seat glaring at him.

"Can you protect your friend when he's already shot? Seriously, boys, why did you even have to go that far?" Percyla sighed in dismay.

"We had no choice but put him into public humiliation." I defended our actions.

"I think you took it too far, Emil. Flying to America to chase down an old foe when he's been silent? And now he's behind jail? How did he even get you as hostages?" Her tone went high as she asked what has happened in America.

"We chased him down because he went to America not to settle but to spread lies about us. He went there and even had publishers on his contacts so they can publish his story. He was trying to save his ass by making himself the victim. He wanted revenge and he knew he can do that by going to the media. That's why he met with Mr. Elizar, the CEO of Daily Dazzle. He was trying to bribe them with money so he can have his story across the world. One slip up and we would be public's interest again. I'm sorry that it had to come this way but we had to do it. He brought a gun with him. Maybe he did that to threaten Mr. Elizar alone if he disagrees but we got there before he can start spilling lies. He got angry and began to point a gun at us; Elizar, Luigi and me. The boys knew what was happening inside and helped by calling the police. Then these two came inside too. We know having them with me would add to his crimes. We couldn't have it any other way. He was too desperate to get the hospital back. He thought I bought it as revenge but I never thought of that. You know that, Biya. So he got angry and began asking for demands and shit. It was over even before he knew it. Police came and saw the situation. What do you expect to happen if police knew that businessmen known around the world is being held hostage inside a conference room?" I blew out a loud breath as I finished explaining the situation to them. The house was silent and I looked at Biya who now was looking at me, searching for something from me. I raised my arm in the air in surrender and continued.