45: The Night Another Knight Wielded His Sword

Biya's POV

"Where to, Signorina?" Milos came to my side, following my quick footsteps as we exited the hospital and walked into the parking lot.

"I'm going home, Milos." I told him with a sigh. I was so tired all I wanted right now was to sleep. However, Emil told me he had plans and he would be coming to my apartment. I didn't know his entire plan but I needed to prepare and clean the apartment. It would be embarrassing to make him enter a disorganized and messy apartment with books scattered and our stuff out of their places. I didn't know where Elda was since her shift was over an hour ago but I hope she would be there to help me clean. Milos asked for my keys and I gave it to him. He opened my door and I thanked him before I got him. My bodyguard wasn't a talkative type and he would only speak when needed. It felt like Paolo chose him specifically for me knowing I was uncomfortable with people watching over me. I wasn't used to getting the attention, care and being looked after when I was young. I only began experiencing those when I entered the Moretti household and Emil came into my life. I was still trying to get used to receiving the care and affection given by people. However, I felt like sometimes, I was a burden to them making me deny the things I was given. I knew that they want me to try and open up and I was trying to. I really was and I just hope I would, someday, open myself to these blessings and love I receive because it wasn't healthy for me to run away, deny and say thank you before not taking what they give me. I would apologize again and again to the people I love for the actions I do to them and I was really grateful that they understood me and continue to support me. Milos drove without giving any sign that he wanted to talk to me. He was always watching everybody's movements and our surroundings and sometimes, it was making me cautious to for his very attentive behavior. Once we were out of the parking lot, he told me wait for him to open the door and I did what he told me, sensing he was scanning the area again. I wouldn't blame him for acting like this. He was doing his job and the fact that Vicenzio got his hands on me multiple times now, he didn't want a repeat of it ever again. The moment I got out of the car, three men came out of the three pillars of the parking lot making Milos take my hand and move me behind his back, absolutely covering me from the three men's gazes.

"Who are you?" My bodyguard's voice boomed and echoed and I took a peak on his right side. I bagn recognizing two of the men who were working on Emil's security detail.

"Wait! I know them. They are Emil's bodyguards." I tapped his shoulder before I stepped away from hiding behind his back. Milos shot me a confused look before his gaze went back to the three men who stopped five feet away from us.

"Good evening, Signorina Kairis." One of the bodyguards I have come to know before greeted.

"Good evening, Markus. Hi." I greeted him and waved a hand to the two other men who were standing behind him, completely standing still as if they were statues.

"Where is he?" I asked him in a whisper, afraid that someone might be here and hear us.

"He's in your apartment already, Signorina. Miss Elda happened to recognize him 30 minutes ago and she let him in." He informed me.

"Okay. Well, why don't you follow us?" I offered but they quickly shook their heads.

"Thank you but we will be fine, miss. We'll make sure of your safety." I sighed, disappointed that people are working tirelessly because of me.

"It's okay, guys. You can take a break in the cafe in the neighborhood." I suggested and Markus smiled nodding at me.

"We'll visit the place, miss. Thanks. We already checked the building. The only people in your floor are the old couple in the next apartment area." He informed us and I smiled at them grateful for their thoughtfulness.