53: The Day Bravery Made Her Beautiful

Note: This is dedicated to everyone who are brave and strong even when they have gone through bad times. You are all beautiful and handsome. You are all my inspiration. Keep your head up high as your crowns of courage and true sense of strength make you shine even in dark times. I love you all.

53: The Day Bravery Made Her Beautiful

Emil's POV

The constant trembling of Biya's hands reminded me to stay sane in this situation. I held her hand tightly as we went out of the building not caring the people who were looking at us in both confusion and in shock. My car skidded into a halt in front of us and Ronaldo immediately opened the door of the backseat for us.

"I'll drive Miss Biya's car, Sir." Ronaldo spoke with a clipped voice, his eyes scanning the area in a guarded look.

"Good. I'll see you in my house."

"I'll talk to the hospital staff, bro. I need your security team though." Blaze spoke this time while Biya went inside the car first. Nonno was watching us with a frown on his face. Perhaps feeling the same frustration and disappointment at how things have turned today.

"Do that. Meet with Marcus. I'll talk to you later." I said and before I could get inside the car, he grabbed me by the shoulder before letting me go immediately.

"Emil, take care of Biya, okay? Be rational about this. Don't let your emotions take over again." He reminded me and I knew how I have acted before whenever someone gets into my nerves or anger me. I clenched my jaw and took a deep breath.

"I will. Thanks." I replied and there was relief washing over his face as I spoke those words to him. I knew I shouldn't act harshly with everything, impulsive behavior forgotten with the things I have learned from Biya. I have to be gentle. I nodded at Blaze and Ronaldo in acknowledgement before going inside the car.

"Let's go, Nonno." I said to my grandpa who was looking weary at the growing number of crowd going out of the hospital to watch us.

"I'll take the passenger's seat, son." He smiled before Ronaldo opened the door for him and went in. Sliding inside the car, I went close to Biya who was looking down on her lap, her fingers shaking while fiddling them in an anxious state. I sighed, heartbroken at the sight. Ronaldo closed the door for me and my driver, John, sped up immediately.

"We're going to my house, John." I told him and he gave an abrupt 'Yes, Sir' as response.

"Biya? What can I do?" I asked the woman beside me who was still looking at her lap.

"Can I hold you?" I asked this time, wanting to hold her close and comfort her. This time, she looked at me with her tear- stricken face. My heart was crushed even more and my chest felt heavy just seeing her that way.

"Yes please." She spoke in a small voice and I instantly held her hand. She closed the distance between us and laid her head on my shoulder, silently crying. That man will pay. I swear. I held her close, my free hand coming to stroke her hair and back.

"You're going to be okay, Bi. That's the last time he's going to come near you." I spoke in a whisper to her before kissing her forehead. She gave me a slight nod before burying her head on my chest, closer than ever to me. I let her hand go. Wanting to try and reassure her that she's safe now, I held her in an embrace.

"You're safe. You're so strong, Bi. So strong. He'll never talk to you again." I continued and after a few minutes, she had calmed down and was now only sniffing. I spotted Nonno looking at us in the rearview mirror and his eyes softened.