30: The Day Forgiveness was a Sin

Biya's POV

"You are an idiot." Those were the words Blaze spoke the next day I went to work. He had crossed his arms and was leaning against his mahogany table. All other doctors present in the office turned their attentions to us with interest and amusement.

"What?" I replied walking to the table and placed my hot cup of coffee on it. Viv raised a brow at me while Lia sent me a sad smile.

"Let me ask you something. If you see a patient's hand rotting, you should cut it right? Amputate the part which is killing the patient so we can save that patient..." He asked us thoughtfully and I sighed putting my bag on the metallic chair.

"Why are you relating my relationship with Zeke to amputation?" I asked crossing my arms as well and he looked up as if he was in deep thought. Then, he shot the other doctors a look before looking at me as if I have grown a pair of horns.

"Oh you know me. I can't help but notice idiots standing out of the crowd."

"I am not an idiot!" I gritted my teeth annoyed at Blaze's behavior. What has gotten into him today?

"What's your problem with me, anyway? You had a good time last night."

"What do you mean you had a good time last night? Where were you?" Rico butted in shooting us a look.

"Yeah. Where were you?" Viv placed a hand on her hip.

"Went to a strip club, why?" Blaze replied casually.

"You are unbelievable." Lil chuckled

"He was in my brother's gallery show." I informed them and they all looked at Blaze for an explanation.

"That's why you took your leave..." another doctor smirked at him and he scowled.

"Why am I- uh! We're getting off the topic. This is about Biya!" He pointed a finger at me and their gazes shift from him to me.

"So? What happened last night?"

"Nothing happened, for God's sake!" I flailed my arms up in the air and he scoffed.

"Can we just get to the point and stop acting like children?" Lia huffed out her frustration.

"They got back together."

"WHAT?!"

"You have a problem, girl."

"Oh geez."

"Welp. At least we have a daily dose of drama here." They reacted some screaming at the top of their lungs.

"You are all overreacting." I rolled my eyes at them.

"Biya, honey, we're not overreacting." Lia sighed. I raised a brow at them.

"Why did you get back with that- that guy? I am really curious. What sort of spell did he put you into? I wanna know why because it's really effective."

"Everybody deserves a second chance, you guys." I told them and Blaze laughed mockingly.

"Why are you like that, Blaze? I didn't do anything wrong."

"You haven't realized what you have done wrong, Biya, but we do. I would pay to see the look on your face when you realize what you did."

"Don't be so heartless, Blaze." Viv frowned at him and he shrugged.

"I'm just saying." He said before he went back to what he was reading in his computer.

"Don't listen to Blaze, Beatrice." Viv said patting my back with a small smile on her face.