32: The Night We Lost Our Minds

Emil's POV

The following morning, Marcus has updated me that everything was going smoothly. They have reported Zeke's wrong doing, Biya was checked up in the hospital she was working in and she's now going back to her apartment. It was a relief to hear that she will be okay. Fortunately, she doesn't have any broken bones. Marcus informed me that Mrs. O'brien was horrified when she saw Biya's condition when she was rushed to the hospital. She didn't talk to her yet though. She went straight to the police station to see her son's situation. There were a lot of things at stake here. Not only does Biya will have to face Zeke for what he has done to her, there also comes the play with the media again. I have to be careful with every move we make. I reminded Marcus to not tell the media who they were working whenever they ask that's why Marcus gives orders to his men since journalists know he is the head of my security division.

"Sir, Miss Biya will be going to work today." He informed me.

"What? She shouldn't. She just got back."

"She insisted, sir. If we ever try to convince her to stay home and rest, she threatened to kick us out." I sighed in frustration. She is really a stubborn woman.

"Is she okay?"

"Yes sir. She's feeling better now. She's currently preparing her things so that she can go back to the hospital for her duty."

"Fine. But if she looks sick or if there's something wrong, make her rest."

"Yes sir." I ended the call after that. I put the phone down bothered at Biya's actions. She's abusing herself. She acts like this whenever she has a lot of things in her mind. As if the load of work she has will lessen the thoughts inside her head. I took a look of all the papers I'm going to read and sign plus the recipes I would like to try and create. I wouldn't be able to focus until I was sure she's okay. I knew to myself that Biya might not still feel well. She's just saying that so we would stop worrying. She thought we'll going to ignore her when she says she's fine? She's wrong. We would make sure she is really okay. I would make sure of it. I grabbed my phone from my table again and dialed Dante's number.

"Yes sir." He answered my call at the second ring.

"You know what happened to your sister, right?" I asked him.

"Yes sir. I want to see that damn man who hurt my sister but he was lucky that he was talking to his mother when I went there."

"Has she told you about my men?"

"Oh yes sir. I don't want this to be a barrier between you, me and my sister, sir. Please know that I will act as a true professional when it comes to my work but when it comes to my sister, sir, well... that's another matter we are talking about. I want you to know that I am grateful with what you and your men did but please don't make it harder for Biya. She's... how do I say this?" He paused for a few seconds trying to find the right words to say. I felt like he was warning me of something and I was disappointed at first that they are not appreciating the work I was doing for them but then I have realized that I just barged into her life again while she was being attacked by her boyfriend. Well, ex- boyfriend for that matter since the incident has taken place.

"She's more stressed than usual. She is stressed and got traumatized with what that man did and with you adding up, she can't focus with her work. She's been thinking about what you did and she keeps zoning out. I'm really worried with that." He finished and I didn't know I held my breath until I let out a big sigh. This was what I was worrying about most of the time. The trauma plus this situation. I have realized what I did. I did help her. My men helped her but now it's taking over her mind. She's overthinking and it's taking a lot of her time.