2: The Day an Unknown Number Called Me

This is dedicated to my special someone. Happy Birthday Grandpa!

2: The Day an Unknown Number Called Me

Biya's POV

The next day, I woke up extra early to go to the pastry shop for me to buy my breakfast. I was determined to pack my things at Paolo's house so I have to go there early before I get to work. I grabbed a pair of boots and wore leggings. I got my black hoodie up to cover myself from the cold and went to the neighboring shop.

"Buon giorno, Mister Ilario." I greeted pulling the top of my hoodie off my head as I entered his cozy pastry shop. A bell rang when I opened the door causing him to turn to look at his newly arrived customer. The aroma of freshly baked bread and coffee met me and I was in heaven.

"Ah! Biya! Right on time. Your favorite muffins were just finished baking. I am now cooling them off." The cheerful baker beamed at me.

"Have a good day, Signore!" He spoke to his customer as he handed him a paper bag full of delicious bread. Then he called his other employee to manage the counter as more people fell in line.

"Alonza! Please attend the other customers. Thank you!" He called for someone and a young woman wearing a hairnet, gloves and an apron went out of the two white doors behind him.

"Yes, sir." She replied to her boss before she went to her work.

"So, how are you? I heard the news about you and Chef Carini." I sighed at his question. I guess I can't avoid the topic any longer. I saw Mr. Ilario have a little frown at my reaction.

"That bad, eh? You had a rough relationship?" He asked softly at the side so people won't hear us.

"You can say that." I said giving him my payment for the bread I usually order.

"Well, you'll be okay. You always find the bright side of it, yes?" He said smiling at me. Another worker holding a tray came out of the white doors and went to where all kinds of bread were displayed in a glass cabinet. I saw that it was the bread that I was waiting for.

"Ah! There they are. Wait a minute. I'll go get your order." Mr. Ilario excused himself and grabbed a paper bag. He got his tongs and began putting muffins in the paper bag. While I waited, my phone beeped and I dug it from my hoodie's pocket.

From: Percyla Moretti- De Luca

Subject: You

How are you, sis? I saw the news and I feel horrible that I am not there for you. Are you okay?

"Ah, gosh! Even now that you should be having your honeymoon, you are worrying about me." I chuckled at her text but I was touched by her thoughtfulness.

To: Percyla Moretti- De Luca

Subject: Worry no more sis

Don't worry about me, sis. I'm fine. Just enjoy your honeymoon, Per. I am okay. I promise. I am so sorry for hiding something from you. I'll talk to you when you come home. :)

From: Percyla Moretti- De Luca

Subject: Okay