7: The Days I Made Myself Forget Again

Okay. I'm going to clear everything. She's going to graduate and while she's in training, she's now reviewing. In the My De Luca Bride, she celebrated her birthday, not her graduation.  Now let's dive into the life of Biya. Enjoy! :)

7: The Days I Made Myself Forget Again

Biya's POV

I'm back to square one. Day one of not meeting Emil and I hoped that things will get better and better now that he's totally gone in my life. Well, not completely since I can't forget him. I will forget my feelings for him though. That was my first mission. I will do my best to forget every feeling I have for him. Just the thought of starting over again tugged my heart painfully. It felt like there was a tug of war inside me; my mind pulling the rope trying to win the thought of forgetting Emil and my heart tugging its way to win my deep feelings for him. I hate this conflict of mine.

"Biya! Are you done?" I heard Elda call for me in the living room. I quickly shook my head to focus on the present.

"Just a sec!" I shouted back as I fixed my hair. I grabbed my heavy bag and my coat before I ran out of my room.

"After our duty we will be going straight to the library, right?" She asked as she adjusted the strap of her bag.

"Yes." We got out of the room and Elda locked the door before we walked out of the building. The moment we were outside, the blinding light and the loud shouts greeted us.

"I told you!"

"There she is!"

"Biya lives here!"

"Why did Mr. Carini visit you here, Signorina?" Multiple questions were thrown to me and Elda was in the middle of my war. We stood there as if the swarm of people was Medusa and we were the victims who just turned into statues.

"What should we do?" Elda whispered to me. I looked around and spotted the guards who were now making their way towards us.

"Please move. Move!" Big men came to our aid and helped us get out of the suffocating environment. Two other men started guiding us out and I told Elda to look anywhere but the ground. After 20 minutes, we finally got out. Another guard had hailed a cab for us and we thanked them before we zoomed away from the scene.

"Jesus! How can you survive that kind of craziness, Biya? My God!" Elda huffed out a breath while she wiped the sweat that formed on her forehead.

"How did they find out?" I muttered as I looked down on my lap in confusion.

"Duh? Emil visited you there. Of course people got curious and now they found out that you are staying there, we might as well get out of the building earlier than usual." That made me angry. Damn him for affecting my life. Damn him for making me love him this deeply and now I am receiving the consequences of it.
Day Two. The same situation repeated itself even though we were 30 minutes early. It worried me that this would continue for days and it was affecting me and Elda. Whenever we got home late at night tired and wishing to have a peaceful night, all we got the moment we arrive were them always bombarding us with their questions. It was making me more tired than usual. As I fell on my bed in exhaustion, my phone rang. It was Momma Lorie.

"Hello Lorie." I tried to act happy but deep inside, I was not feeling like that.

"Oh dear. Are you okay?" She knew that I wasn't okay but she was trying to start her approach.

"I'm tired."

"If you want, you can come home. Jared will drive you from here to there everyday or we can change you apartment and get you security in your place." She offered and it made me smile for her care.