77: The Day the Godfather Screamed for Silence

Emil's POV

"Balloons?"

"Check."

"Cake?"

"Currently being baked the last time I checked."

"Gifts?"

"Check."

"Banger party music?" I sighed, crossing my arms on my chest looking at Blaze who was going through the checklist for Geno's birthday party.

"Blaze, this is a kid's party. No banger music allowed." I reminded him and the fucker had the audacity to pout.

"Blaze." I warned and he huffed out his frustration before checking the box on the party music rather agrressively.

"Yes. Yes. Twinkle twinkle bullshit coming right up." I chuckled. I cannot believe this man.

"You're not going to be his godfather."

"Do that. I dare you. I know human anatomy all too well to know what to do to you." He threatened me with his pen pointed at me.

"Try me. I know my ways with knives." I threatened back playfully.He could only narrow his eyes at me in retaliation.

"Alright. Finish that. I have to check the kitchen. Don't put any Blaze shit in there." I warned him again knowing full well he would do something idiotic. He laughed and rolled his eyes at me.

"Yes dad. Geez. You can trust me." I left him in the living room after that and went to the kitchen.

"Here are the fresh mushrooms. Where should I put them?" A man carrying a big basket full of beautiful mushrooms asked Sam who was busy pointing and directing everything in the kitchen. If she was not my help around here, she would be a great member of my team in the kitchen. However, I trust her more with the household chores.

"On the table at the corner. Give it to Mrs. Turturici." She replied pointing at the middle aged woman who was stirring something on the pot.

"How's everything?" I started and everyone straightened before acknowledging me.

"Sir."

"Chef."

"We're all set, Sir. Fredo is done with the cake."

"Good." I walked around the kitchen while everyone bustled and cooked their hearts out. A smile drew up on my face, getting relaxed at the sounds of knives hitting chopping boards, utensils clinking, meat sizzling and the fire crackling.

"Good job, everyone. Keep it up. We will be serving in an hour." I reminded them.

"Yes Chef!"

I spent the next 45 minutes in the kitchen helping the team cook everything. Lobsters, clams, and pasta were all cooked perfectly and I was delighted at the food being prepared.

"Fredo. How are the cupcakes?" I asked the man who was busy with the frosting.

"Almost done, Chef. I'll just put the Lightning McQueen toppings after I'm done with this." He replied while he continued working.

"Where are the toppings? Let me help you." He looked at me for a moment blinking before he hurriedly got the fondant which were on a tray. It was small Lightning McQueen and everything looked to be in detail.

"Nice! Good job, Fredo."

"Thank you, Chef." He smiled before getting back to work. I was halfway on the fondant when Marcus came to my side.