35: The Night Closure Was Our Reboot Button

Emil's POV

I slowly woke up feeling better and livelier. The faint sound of the television can be heard plus the smell of mouthwatering food surrounded me. I wanted to feel at ease for a few more minutes so I stayed lying on the makeshift bed Biya made when I came here and relished the feeling of relaxation and being at peace. I was at peace and I knew why I felt like this. I knew that I was close to her and that I can see her and protect her if something wrong happens. I was still enjoying lying in bed when someone touched my forehead. The hand of the woman I love... I know even without opening my eyes. I know her slightly rough hand that's lightly touching my forehead right now. Her hand felt like it has magic as her touch instantly made me lax. I heard her sigh before she ran her fingers through my hair which made me instantly stiffen from my position. Shit. Shit. Shit. What is she doing?

"You're awake, aren't you?" Her voice rang like a loud gong. My breath got caught and I slowly opened my eyes to see her hovering above me with humor sparkling in her eyes and her mouth pursed.

"You're enjoying it, aren't you?" She raised a brow and I quickly shook my head in denial. I put on my most serious look to her trying to convince her that I wasn't enjoying what she was doing.

"No. It reminded me that I need a massage so my body can relax."

"You're a horrible liar." She scoffed before standing up.

"Believe what you want to believe." I responded to her trying to act like I was not affected by her. I slowly got out of the bed with the help of Biya since I was still unsteady on my feet.

"How many hours was I out?" I asked rubbing my eyes, trying to erase the groggy state I was in. God. The bed was tempting me to go back to sleep again.

"A day and a half." She said nonchalantly. My eyes grew wide in disbelief and awe.

"What?! Really?"

"Yeah. I tried to wake you up multiple times but you didn't even budge. Your family has visited you and they were fine with you here."

"M-my family? They w-what? You called them?"

"Well, duh? What if they think something bad has happened to you? I'm responsible for your well- being and I don't want them to assume I did something wrong to you while visiting." She explained and I cannot help but admire her while she talked. Her eyes were glowing with pride and responsibility, her mouth moving fast as she explained how she cured me, and her hands flicking and moving as she tried to express herself. I smiled at the beautiful sight before me. She's absolutely beautiful; her heart, soul and mind are just blessed with beauty. Her whole aura was filled with positive energy and I can think of warm light radiating off her.

"Should I text them now so they can take you home?" She waved my phone in front of my face. My phone! Shit! I still have my old messages with her and it was fucking stupid of me to keep our messages. She might have seen them. Fuck! I would really look desperate now. I only kept them trying to live in the past, trying to beat myself with regret and trying to remember the happiest and most challenging days of my life. Sweat beaded my forehead out of nervousness and I wanted to have my grip on that cursed phone.

"I'll do it. Thank you." She smiled while giving me my phone.

"You're welcome." Then, she left me alone, going to the kitchen. My stomach growled as I saw the kitchen. I never felt so hungry before. I slowly walked towards where she has headed, taking careful steps and controlling my urge to just run.

"I made chicken soup for you. I'm still cooking the pasta so you should start with the soup first." She slid a bowl of hot soup in front of me as I took a seat.