43: The Night He was My Shield

Biya's POV

I could hear people laughing outside and the sound of cars passing by filled the cool air of the night. Tonight, I'll be meeting Emil and I was nervous as hell. Elda advised me not to wear something that will be noticeable so I just wore blue denim pants, a dark blue v-neck shirt, a bomber jacket and white sneakers. She gave me a thumbs up when she saw my outfit, satisfied that no one will bother us. Police had started investing on who Vicenzio was and it assured me that I was safe. Everything was going to be fine. My phone beeped and I quickly opened it to see Emil's text.

Emil: I'm in the parking lot, Biya.

I fidgeted on my phone thinking if someone has followed him. Something was telling me that I should trust Emil on this and that's what I did.

"Is he here?" Elda asked lounging on the couch with a bowl of popcorn beside her as she watched The Bachelor.

"Yeah." I just replied which made her look at me.

"You're nervous?" She raised a brow clearly getting amused at my state.

"Yeah..." She sighed at my hesitation. She stood up from her seat and walked towards me. Giving me a tight hug, she stroked my hair while giving me encouragement.

"Don't worry, Biya. You'll be fine. The police are already looking who that man is and your bodyguard will be here tomorrow. Everything's going to be okay." She spoke softly and I blew out a breath releasing all the tensions from my body.

"Thank you, Elda."

"Not a problem, dear. Now, go. Have fun and enjoy the evening, okay?" She said pulling out from our hug with a smile on her face.

"I will." She nodded, convinced at my answer and she let me go. I bade goodbye and went to the parking lot where I saw three men in three different corners of the area looking around. They all nodded at me. Nervous, I searched for Emil and saw him in the right part wearing a black sweater and brown pants. He paired it with white sneakers. He was looking down on his phone and the moment he looked up, he saw me and a smile on his face brightened his features. I smiled back at him as I continued to walk towards him. He met me halfway and heat crept on my cheeks as he stared at me still smiling.

"Hi." He greeted, his eyes darker than usual but the twinkle in his eyes couldn't be missed.

"Hi."

"Y-you look lovely, Biya." Oh stop. I wanted to tell him that as I felt the similar butterflies in my stomach again.

"Uhm... Thanks. You look... good too." He chuckled as I tried giving him a compliment.

"Come on. Let's go." He said smiling. He made me follow him to a white Porsche parked between two black Range Rovers that screamed millions of dollars and elegance. It was beautiful and... new? Did he buy a new car? He opened the door for me and I got in, thanking him. He smiled at me and closed the door. I noticed the subtle nod he gave at the three men who then began walking towards us. Emil rounded the car and got in.

"Are they going to follow us?" I asked out of curiosity while he started the car. The car rumbled before roaring throatily. I was surprised at the beautiful sound it created making me get distracted at my thoughts for a second.

"No. They won't follow us. I made them come here to make sure no one was around." He explained while pulling out of the parking lot.

"Oh. Okay." I put on my seat belt as he drove us out of my apartment building.