34: The Night I was Trapped in the Queen's Castle

Emil's POV

"A charity event was held at the Salvare General Hospital last night wherein hospital staff gathered to give donations to the Italian Home of the Aged Foundation. Dottoressa O'Brien led the event together with special guests like Hollywood stars Steven Leonheart, Prince, Mako Mei and Eren Miller. The star- studded charity event earned a whooping half a billion euros as many promised to restore the said foundation. However, Dottoressa Obrien's son who will be the hospital's successor was not present which added fuel to the fire of the burning question, "Is he still going to be the successor of the famous Salvare General Hospital?" After weeks of speculation, a report has been filed against Ezekiel O'brien for physical abuse he had inflicted with one of the hospital staff. The victim has been kept confidential and we're waiting for further reports. With these actions, Salvare General Hospital has taken the hit for the successor's case. Since Dottore Ezekiel has been involved with this case, it is uncertain what the hospital's future will be. As for now, Dottoressa O'Brien's actions might cause the absence of her son on this special occasion. This is Andrea Gallo reporting."

I sat on my seat frozen in shock with the news I just watched. What the hell is happening? I thought Biya won't file a case against Zeke because she knew if she does that, attention will bring her back to the spotlight. I grabbed my cellphone and quickly dialed my secretary's number.
"Hello Sir."
"Martina, have you heard the news about Biya?" I was tense and nervous for Biya's sake that I stood up and began pacing around the office.
"Yes, sir. I have just gathered information about it and I'm about to tell you."
"Tell me what's happening."
"Apparently, Biya is not the only one he physically abused in the hospital, Sir."
"What?!"
"Yes, Sir, but the victim was harmed 7 months ago but she kept quiet because she's afraid people won't believe her and that the hospital will protect Mr. Ezekiel."
"How come she only confessed now?"
"It's because of what had happened to Signorina Biya, Sir. Her foster parents Lorena and Paolo Moretti convinced the woman to file a case and viola! Here we are." I swear to God! This couple get dangerous when their loved ones get hurt.  I huffed out a breath and thought of the things I can do for Biya.
"Did she go to the charity event?"
"Yes, sir. Don't worry. 2 guards were looking after her. 1 male and one female."
"Good. How is she right now?"
"She's doing fine, sir. She's working right now." What should I do? Should I make her go for justice now that she's not alone with this fight? My men can be witnesses for her if that happens...
"Update me, okay?"
"Yes, sir."
"And tell the pilot that I'm going home tomorrow afternoon."
"But sir? You still have work-"
"I'll work overtime. Just do it." I ordered and she sighed.
"Yes, sir. Just please don't overwork again."
"I'll be fine." I ended the call and put my phone on the table. I have to go home. I have to see Biya. I need to see her. I spent the rest of the day buried in work, finishing everything in a faster rate making Biya as my motivation to work. Thankfully, my T.V interviews could be moved and we recorded them. By the time everything was finished, it was 4 a.m. I returned to my penthouse exhausted and ready to sleep.
"Sir?" With half- opened eyes, I turned to my right to see Dante with a same exhausted look on his face. Shit. I forgot that he tagged along wherever I go. I didn't think about him in the interviews. He led my team in capturing photos. I took a deep breath and faced him.
"Hey. Sorry, I haven't been talking to you all day."
"It's okay, sir. It's you that I'm worried about." He looks like he needed blood with how pale and tired he was and he still had the time to worry about me? I chuckled.
"I'm fine, Dante. If that's what you came here for, go rest now. We're going home."
"Is that why you pushed all your schedules to fit in one day? You could have just postponed some of your meetings, sir, or better you asked for assistance."
"I do this all the time, Dante. It's you I should be asking. You okay doing this work for me?"
"Sir, I am your photographer whom you pay more than I could ever ask you to. Why should I complain? Besides, I love my work. But you, you're something else. Sometimes, you're just cool working on the desk and on interviews but sometimes, you are just this one hell of a dude determined to finish all in one day. And I realize now... You work harder when you are troubled." I tensed and looked away from him.
"Go to sleep, Dante. We'll talk tomorrow." I turned the knob and opened my door.
"Is this because of my sister?" He blurted out and I stopped from going inside my room, my hand holding the knob tightly.
"No." I didn't look at him. How could I? He is Biya's sister and there are a few things between a boss and an employee cannot cross and that is personal relationship. I heard him sigh and then he placed his hand on my shoulder.
"Don't keep it all to yourself, sir. One day, you might die of heartbreak." My face scrunched up at his advice. I looked at him curiously and he has a small smile on his tired face. Damn. This guy made me feel vulnerable.
"Why are you so comfortable talking to me with this kind of stuff?" He shrugged.
"I don't know. I just do." I shook my head, ridiculed at the scene playing. How fun this would be for someone to watch?
"Go rest. Good night." I said.
"You too, sir." I didn't wait for him to go. I closed the door and leaned against it with my eyes closed. I was drained. I lazily walked to the bed kicking my shoes off and removed my dress shirt. I unbuckled my belt and threw it on the floor before falling down on the bed, a groan coming out of me as I hit the soft mattress. Without even caring to change, I fell asleep. Don't keep it all to yourself, sir. One day, you might die of heartbreak.