51: The Day Fingers Were the Sharpest Knives

Emil's POV

"Thank you, Emilio, for accompanying to my check- up. You have work but you still chose to come here with your grandpa." Nonno patted my back while we walked together to the hospital. He was taking medicine for his heart since he had a heart attack once and it was a very scary one we thought he was going to die. He had to stay at the hospital for days to be monitored and so every now and then, his doctor would request for him to come back for his check- up.

"You're more important than work, Nonno. It's not a problem." He smiled at my answer, his eyes squinting close as he smiled. I noticed Marcus rushing to my side, his eyes scanning the area as we walked pass by the people who began to recognize me. Their eyes widened in recognition, their feet shuffling to the side to give way.

"Hey Carini! What's up?" I heard the annoying doctor behind my back, his footsteps a warning of the incoming whirlwind of sarcasm and jokes.

"Hey Blaze. Are you just coming in for duty?" I greeted him as he reached us, his pace matching ours now.

"Nah! We're done for today. Oh! Hey Signore Carini! How are you?" He waved at my grandpa who waved back at him. Nonno was clearly entertained by the loud person beside me.

"I am feeling good. Thanks for asking." Blaze nodded at my grandpa's reply and I focused on him as he just fucking winked at a nurse we passed by. Seriously. This guy.

"Why are you back then?"

"I forgot my car keys in the office. I think it's in my drawer. I cannot find it in my bag or my pockets." He replied with a shrug.

"Oh." I guess, Biya's going home right now.

"Yeah. Oh! By the way, when are we going to Maldives? It keeps on getting postponed and I really really need to take a break."

"Hopefully soon. I'll look into it."

"Great! Okay! I got to go. Goodbye, Signore Carini!" He bade goodbye with a wave of a hand to my Nonno before running towards where his office was.

"He's waiting in his office, Sir." Marcus gestured for us to take a right and I can see a lady holding papers smiling at us upon seeing us. Her hair was pulled into a neat bun, a thick frame of glasses on her eyes. Just by the impression she was giving me, she was Dotorre Silvo's secretary.

"Mr. Carini?" Her eyes went wide as we approached her.

"That's me." My Nonno waved a hand and her attention went to him.

"Oh. Yes. Mr. Lorenzo Carini, please come in. Dotorre Silvo is waiting for you." She smiled opening the door for him. Nonno and I entered the room with Marcus staying outside by the door to guard for anyone trying to take pictures or get information about me or my grandpa. Nonno and the doctor seemed to have grown closed to each other, talking personally about our families and their hobbies. The doctor began to do his check- up. He brought him to another room with a sliding foggy glass door separating his office to where I was now and them. He closed the door and all I could here were their muffled speeches. I was texting Martina to ask for an update about the arrangements we were making for Biya and Geno's safety when Blaze came running towards me breathlessly.

"Dude. You need to come with me. We've got a problem." He hand gripped my shoulder really tight and I knew he was really serious. Marcus shot us a look of concern. I shot up from my seat and put my phone back on my suit pocket.

"Nonno?" I went to knock on the door and the doctor slid the door slightly open to reveal my grandpa getting his blood pressure checked.

"I'm going out for a minute. Will you be okay? Marcus will stay here. It's an emergency." I tried explaining everything to him as quick as possible.