9: The Night I Can't Control

Biya's POV

The music that blasted from the speakers gave us the mood to really enjoy the night. For once, I relaxed and forgot about everything that gave me stress. We spent the rest of the night laughing and enjoying what the night has provided for us. My friends had met Zeke and they bonded right away as if they knew each other for a very long time. He was very friendly, open and was very nice to us. He was beside me all the time and my friends were giving me the looks but I ignored them because I don't want to get into a relationship right now.

"You don't look like you grew up here." I commented as Cej ordered for our drinks again.

"Yeah. I noticed. You don't have the Italian accent like me." Shar added.

"Where are you from? Britain?" Zeke asked her taking the clue of Shar's accent.

"Yeah. My family moved here to take care of grandpa and now that he's gone, we decided to stay."

"Oh. I'm sorry." Shar shook her head. Shar's grandpa died last year and it changed her. She became so focused in her studies because she wanted to make him proud even if he's not around anymore. I guess we're driven with something to push us to do better. Her determination to succeed is because of her grandpa while mine is my heartbreak and worth.

"It's okay. He's the reason I am finally graduating." She grinned.

"That's good."

"So where are you from?" Elda asked getting back to the topic.

"New York." Our faces morphed into an understanding.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in curiosity. Maybe he's here for a vacation? But he's in the hospital. Maybe a relative of his is in there...

"I visited my mother." He looked at me.

"Your mom is in the hospital?" Cej asked this time.

"Is she okay?" I asked and he nodded at me, but I was getting uncomfortable with the stare he's giving me.

"Yeah. She's perfectly fine." My friends became confused while I pieced everything. I saw him in the hospital and clearly he's living a good life and his mom is in the hospital but she's perfectly fine. Then one thing brought it all together. He told us his surname but it wasn't a big deal until now. I looked at him with wide eyes as surprise took me.

"Oh my God! You're Dottoressa O'brien's son." I didn't have to ask him. He nodded.

"Yes."

"What the hell!" Cej's eyes grew wide as well while the girls covered their hanging mouths with their hands.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Elda being the one who'll just open her mouth spoke. He shrugged.

"You didn't bring it up until now and what's the matter if you knew me before this? Are you afraid of my mother?" He smirked as he looked at us with his wicked eyes.

"Of course! Your mother is the owner of the hospital." I gushed and I heard his sweet laugh. Our faces were red in embarrassment. We're acting so careless in front of him. My God! We could have been more refined if we knew him more.

"That's why I didn't tell you until you asked me. I don't want anyone treating me special just because we own hospitals." I huffed a breath.

"We're so getting into trouble." Elda groaned while Zeke looked at us in entertainment. The waitress returned with our drinks. She smiled at us as she placed the glasses on our table. She left looking at Cej and Zeke and I think they caught her eye.