Uchihas are weird, weird, weird/Midnight Drinks

Six months after the Kyubi attack

Jiraiya and Tsunade were both exceptional ninja. The kind that they only appear once every few generations. They both graduated the academy at an age most kids still can't tie their shoelaces, made Chunin before hitting puberty and managed to become Jonin before being sixteen.

From that point onwards, the two Sannin, and their fallen teammate Orochimaru took a myriad of dangerous missions. If there was a task with a high chance of dying, they would do it without receiving a single scratch. If there was a mission that appeared to be impossible, they made it look as if it could be done by a mere Genin.

They never stopped to better themselves and improve in their areas of skill. Jiraiya became a Seal Master of renown and one of the few Senjutsu practitioners alive. Tsunade became one of the best medical ninja the world ever knew. And both of them became incredibly powerful ninja, overshadowed by few and admired by many.

Still, despite all the skills they had learned and honed over their lifespans, nothing could prepare them for the horror that it was to take care of a baby. Naruto used to cry a lot, often for no reason, and at completely random times (though he was rather fond of doing it at nighttime). He had to be watched constantly, or else he would somehow disappear, only to mysteriously appear outside the house. He would try to grab anything within his short reach, and more often than not he would try to eat it.

One of the few things that would calm Naruto whenever he had a crying fit was Tsunade holding him against her chest. Jiraiya had joked that Tsunade's knockers would of course have a soothing effect on any men, no matter their age. Yet it turned out to be more than a joke when the Slug Princess breastfed Naruto, and the little Jinchuriki just wouldn't let go of her breast.

The fact that the baby was positively elated whenever Tsunade started to undo her blouse wasn't a good sign at all.

"This is bad...you're not even a year old, yet Jiraiya is already rubbing off on you!" Tsunade said after the first time it happened.

Or then again, it could be something else, since Naruto's stomach was a bottomless pit. He would eat a lot, and would never be satisfied. He always wanted more, and whenever his food was denied, he would go into a crying fit. Everybody wondered where the hell his little body stored all that food.

On the bright side, Naruto was at least easy to feed, if a bit costly.

Today was one of Tsunade's two days off after a rather long shift at the hospital. She would have spend the day sleeping, but neither Jiraiya nor Shizune were there, so she had to watch over Naruto, who just had calmed down from one of his random crying fits. She sighed in relief when she heard the main door opening.

"Tsunade-sama, I'm back!" said Shizune's voice as she entered the house.

Shziune was wearing a green flak vest common among the Konoha Chunin and Jonin over her usual clothes. A forehead protector was wrapped around her head.

Unlike Tsunade and Jiraiya, Shizune showed interest in joining the Konoha ninja. Shikaku Nara, Konoha's current Jonin Commander, alongside other Jonin, tested her abilities to determine her rank, and they decided she was good enough to be a Chunin. Plus she was a good medic, something Konoha was in desperately need of. Everybody hoped that Tsunade's presence in the village would solve the issue.

"Good, because I need you to go buy some baby food. I was about to go myself, but you know how Naruto gets when we go out and he's hungry," the blond woman replied.

"What? And what happened with all the baby food that I bought before I left for my mission?" Shizune asked, incredulous. Tsunade stared at her in a way that said "do you really need to ask?"