Calm Skies

Forests of the Land of Fire

"Well, do you plan on using my power yet? Because frankly, I can't see how the situation can get any worse," the Seven Tails deadpanned. "And not even my luck is going to be enough to get you out of this."

"Shut up already!" Fu shouted out loud.

Despite not wanting to admit it, the situation was dire. Kakuzu managed to take her down from the sky with a powerful long range attack involving both fire and wind. Once down, one of the first things the Akatsuki did was to rip her wings out of her back. While they would regrow after a good night of sleep, she was now deprived of her greatest asset for survival.

It was then when his goons moved for the kill.

She was now in the middle of a thick forest, cornered against a cluster of trees, with no escape route. If she was at her best, she could easily crush them, but so far, she only managed to keep them at bay. She was too weakened to offer proper resistance.

She noticed an Iwa missing-nin making several hand seals.

"Earth Release: Rock Crusher!"

A shadow alerted Fu of the three giant boulders that suddenly appeared above her, before gravity pulled them down.

"They're probably expecting me to dodge them, and another one will attack me while I'm vulnerable," Fu thought, as her muscles tensed while she prepared to counterattack. "They're in for a surprise then!"

Even if she could no longer fly, the Taki kunoichi shot into the sky with a mighty leap, shattering an incoming boulder with a powerful punch, and another one with her other punch. She then spun mid air, and kicked the last boulder back to the Iwa nin.

"Shit!" the Iwa missing-nin cursed, as he ran away before being crushed by his own attack.

While Fu was busy, a Konoha missing-nin made hand seals on his own in order to capitalize Fu's predicament.

"Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Jutsu!"

A volley of fireballs flew towards Fu as she fell to the ground. Of course, that didn't mean that the Taki jinchuriki was helpless in the slightest, as her hands quickly formed several hand seals in return.

"Water Release: Water Wall!"

Fu expelled a massive amount of water from her mouth, which formed a circular wall around her, successfully absorbing the volley of fireballs flying at her, resulting in a cloud of smoke that blinded both sides from each other.ç

"Good, this steam curtain should give me a few seconds to breathe," Fu thought.

"I know I'm being repetitive, but you could-" the Seven Tails piped in.

"Shut up! I'm not using your power! I know what happens when I do! Sure, I could defeat these guys easily, and even the Akatsuki as well! But then what? I couldn't stop you from going on a rampage!" Fu angrily replied. "I'm not letting innocents die because of you!"

"At the cost of your own life? How heroic. Too bad you aren't only putting your life on the line," the Tailed Beast dryly replied. "And if you haven't noticed, these guys are merely wearing you down. The Akatsuki is still watching from afar. And once you're weak enough, he'll move and end this fight in one hit."

"Oh, he's going to need more than just one hit if he wants to-"

"Everybody, attack at once! Even if we can't see her, she's still there!" one of the missing nin shouted. "I can hear her somewhere inside the cloud, rambling about something!"