The End of an Era

Not really an ending

Author's Note: So, here we are, the first chapter of 2022, but ironically the last chapter of Part I.

Many Years Ago...

"This...this is hell..." Obito cried, as he clutched Rin's lifeless body close to him. "Rin...Rin!"

"Er...it might not be my place to tell," Guruguru, mentioned. "But there's a chance that you might see Rin again."

Obito stopped crying, and perked up his head.

"Really?" he asked, his voice dripping with desperation.

Just like Guruguru had expected.

"Yes, we can do something to make sure you see Rin again," Guruguru continued.

"What is it!? Come on, there's no time to waste!" Obito desperately pleaded.

"It's not that easy," Guruguru replied, much to Obito's dismay. "It's a long and hard procedure, that demands a lot of effort and resources. If we are to do this, it has to be under one condition."

"Whatever! I'll do anything!" Obito cried.

"You must become a servant of Madara-sama, and do absolutely everything he says. There's no other way," Guruguru stated.

"Yes! Yes! I'll do anything he wants! But please, help me save Rin!" Obito pleaded.

If Guruguru had a mouth, he would have smirked. Oh, Madara was going to be so pleased with this development.

"Alright then, listen closely, this is what we need to do first: return to the lair with the body. A friend of mine will create a decoy corpse to fool Konoha. Time is of essence!"

"Right!" Obito stated, renewed determination coursing through his body.

The one eyed Uchiha carefully held Rin's body, and both he and Guruguru returned to Madara's secret hideout. Once there, they approached the elder Uchiha, and explained him what had happened. Madara didn't say anything, he just stared at the young girl's body for a few moments, as if studying it.

"Can you help her?" Obito asked, almost in a pleading tone.

"Hmm..." Madara carefully inspected the body once more, before stating his verdict. "This wound is too grievous..."

Obito felt his heart sank. No, it couldn't be, it couldn't be possible. If Madara had saved him, he could save her.

"...but I'd say she isn't beyond saving," Madara concluded. Obito sighed in relief, and smiled. He looked at his younger clansman. "However, if I'm to do this for you, I need you to do something for me."

"I'll do whatever, I don't mind!" Obito quickly answered.

"You can't go back to Konoha anymore. You must remain here, and serve me. Be an extension of my will," Madara began, sounding rather ominous. His withered lips curved into a smile. "Don't be afraid, I'm not asking you to become my slave, but the tool that I'll use to reshape a world into a better place."

"I'll do anything you ask me," Obito sincerely replied.

Madara's smile widened. "Good then. I think it's about time we try that jutsu."

The two Uchiha and the Zetsu brought Rin to one of the lair's empty chambers. They placed her on the ground, and eight Zetsu surrounded her in a big circle. Vines emerged from the Zetsu's mid section, as if they were umbilical cords, and started to wrap around Rin, covering her in layers of vines. Then, the eight of them performed the same seal sequence in perfect synchronization.