Trail of the Six Tails

Hokage's Tower

As usual, Jiraiya was in his office, accompained by a couple clones, doing the work his position demanded. Somebody then knocked the door. Without waiting for the Hokage to answer, a lizard-masked ANBU entered the office, carrying several scrolls.

"Hokage-sama, these are today's letters addressed to you specifically," the ANBU said, placing the stack of scrolls on the table, and then he picked one. "But you should read this one first. It's labeled as 'urgent', and carries the personal seal of the Mizukage."

Jiraiya nodded, and after breaking the seal, he unfurled and read the scroll. His eyes started to widen as he read its contents.

"Quickly, find my son and his teammates! Tell him I have an urgent mission to them!" Jiraiya asked.

The ANBU nodded. "Yes, Hokage-sama!" he said, before vanishing.

...

Sarutobi State

The residence of the Sarutobi Clan wasn't something the Assault Squad was used to visit. Still, in just a few months, they dropped by so often, everybody felt as if they've been the their whole lives. The reason for this, naturally, was that their sensei was now a member of the clan.

"I thought that nobody had bigger place than the Hyugas, but this one is pretty big as well," Naruto pointed out, as he took some moments to admire the state while they walked across the front patio.

"The Sarutobi Clan is one of the largest clans of Konoha. Naturally, they'll need a big place to house all of their members," Haku replied.

"Even then, I like this place. It feels far more livelier than the Hyuga State," Hinata pointed out.

"Yeah, People here greet you with a smile. It's like they don't have a stick up their butts," Naruto pointed out, before shooting a quick glance to her girlfriend. "No offense."

"None taken," Hinata replied with a hand wave. "Though, you know, sometimes I wonder if I would have been able to make you fall for me if I was as stiff and overly formal as the rest of my clansmen."

"If that was the case, I doubt you would have been interested in me to begin with," Naruto pointed out. "But I'm sure you would have. You still have plenty of other admirable qualities."

For a second, Hinata could swear she saw Naruto's eyes locked onto her chest.

"Oh, look. Kurenai-sensei's there," Haku noticed.

And indeed, their Jonin sensei was leaving the main building just as they were about to head in. The Genjutsu Mistress was now wearing a sleeveless red cotton dress over a green short-sleeved t-shirt. Her stomach had now a notieable bump.

The former leader of the Assault Squad smiled upon seeing her students. It wasn't hard to tell why they were here.

"Naruto, Hinata, Haku! What a nice surprise," the red eyed woman warmly greeted them. "Did you come here to see me?"

The three of them nodded in unison.

"Indeed. But I see that you're about to leave. Do you have any chores or tasks to do? Because if this is a bad moment, we can come another moment," Hinata said, in an apologetic tone.

"Yes, I was going to leave, but we can spend some time together," Kurenai suggested. "If you want, you can come with me to the place I'm heading."

"Sounds nice," Haku agreed. "Where are you going?"

"First, I'm going to stop at the Yamanaka Flower Shop to buy some flowers. Then I'm heading to the cemetery."

Her three students blinked in surprise.