The Troubles with Jinchuriki

Who would have guessed that the Demon Fox is a jerk?

Orochimaru possessed one of the Uchihas he kidnapped the night of the insurrection, he didn't transplant their eyes into his skull like Kakashi or other people did. That's why he can activate and deactivate the Sharingan at will, and using the Sharingan for a long time doesn't leave him drained. I mean, isn't that what we wanted to do with Sasuke in canon? I mean, we do see trying to possess not only Sasuke, but Itachi as wel

Now that's out of the way, I won't address this issue again.

Now, enjoy the chapter, and see you at the author's notes at the bottom

"Dad, can I ask you something?" Naruto asked.

Jiraiya turned at him absentmindedly. "Hm?"

The blond jinchuriki and the white haired Hokage were resting under the shadow of a tree, after an hour or so of intense training. This time, Jiraiya had decided to come in person instead of sending a clone, and left Sarutobi to fill for him for the day, since there was something that he needed to do, something that a clone couldn't.

"What is your last name?" the blond asked.

"Why, Senju, of course. I thought you knew that" Jiraiya replied as if answering to something obvious.

Naruto frowned in return. "That's not what I mean, that's mom's last name!" he protested. "I mean your last name before you married. Which, by the way, how is it that you got mom's last name? In other couples, it's always the woman who gets the husband's last name. Is it because she's a Senju or something?"

Jiraiya chuckled. "Yeah, you could say that, but it's actually way more simple: the reason I got her last name when we married is because I never had a last name to begin with."

Naruto looked at him, eyes wide open in shock. "What!? And why not? You never knew about your family?"

"Exactly. By the way, why this sudden interest in me, Naruto?"

"I realized that I know a lot about mom's family, mostly thanks to history books, but I know very little about yours" he explained, then he frowned again. "Besides, you almost never tell me anything about you!"

Jiraiya shrugged. "You never asked. Besides, a man has to keep a little mystery, right?" he chuckled. "But then again, I didn't think my life before your birth was all that interesting."

"How can you say that? You are one of the Sannin, and trained my biological father! Besides, I will judge if it's interesting or not" Naruto sharply stated. "Now why don't you have a last name?"

Jiraiya cleared his throat to tell, in his opinion, the uninteresting tale of how he became a Konoha ninja. "Fifty years ago, the Elemental Nations were engaged in the First Ninja War. Sarutobi, my sensei, as Tobirama's student, was part of the seven-man unit with the Second leading it. There was this town whose name was lost to history, that Konoha ninja used to shelter and treat their wounded, before they were sent back to Konoha.

"So far, the Konoha ninja made a good job hiding their presence, but somehow, our enemies realized what Konoha was doing, and razed the village to the ground. When Sarutobi-sensei's unit went to the village as usual, they found nothing but scorched ruins, dead people, and a single survivor: a baby, not even a year old, with snow-white hair. Sensei took that baby, and brought him to Konoha, and he grew up in an orphanage. When that baby turned five, he learned about what happened to the place he was born in, the parents he would never know, and how he was saved by ninja. And thus, he decided to become a ninja himself."