First C-Rank Mission, Part IV: The Escape

Goodbye to the Land of Rice Fields

After greeting their former classmates, Team Asuma was assigned to help the villagers with their luggage. With the six extra arms, and Naruto's Shadow Clones, they finished a couple hours before sunset. Since the evacuation wouldn't start until the next morning, the only question left was what to do in the meantime.

"Maybe we should get some training in, you know, to get ready before the inevitable Oto attack comes," Naruto suggested.

"From what your sensei told us, you barely came out alive from your latest fight, then you've been helping these people pack their stuff, and yet you still have energy for training?" Shikamaru asked incredulously. "Man, I get exhausted by just being near you."

"Maybe that's why he's so energetic, because he siphons the stamina and chakra of those around him?" Choji suggested half-jokingly.

"If that was the case, then Shikamaru would be unaffected since he has none to begin with," Ino replied. "But then again, I agree with Shika. Besides, tomorrow's mission is going to be insane. We should get all the rest we can."

"I agree with Ino...besides, I still haven't recovered completely from the battle with Mizuki..." Hinata mentioned, making a conscious effort to suppress the "-sensei" honorific.

"Speaking of which, I can't believe that guy ended up joining another village, and one created by Orochimaru, no less. To think that he used to be our instructor..." Shikamaru mused as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Maybe we will see him again, if he decides to finish the job." Choji mentioned.

"Heh, if that traitor's stupid enough to show his ugly face a second time, it will be ME who's going to finish the job." Naruto punched his palm vigorously. By the way he spoke, everybody guessed that Naruto actually wanted for Mizuki to show up again.

"We still haven't decided what are we going to do until we go to bed..." Shikamaru reminded everyone.

"How about some culinary tourism? This is the first time I've been out of Konoha, and I'd like to see what they eat in other countries." Choji suggested.

"There were only like two restaurants in the town, and both of them are now closed due the evacuation thing," Naruto explained, and noticed how Choji's mood soured.

"But that doesn't mean that we aren't going to have dinner." Hinata interceded, hoping to at least reassure Choji a bit, aware of the Akimichi's love of food. "In fact...why don't we have dinner now?"

"Yeah, that can work too." Naruto agreed. "Let's go back to the inn. That way, we can check on Haku as well."

While they walked the relatively short distance towards the inn, the group of five separated into two subgroups, boys and girls. Though a more accurate statement would have been Ino grabbing Hinata and dragging her away from the three boys, who were casually chatting with each other. Hinata wasn't sure what Ino wanted, but her unnerving smile made her a bit nervous.

"Okay Hinata, we didn't have a chance to talk after we graduated, so now you're going to spill everything." Ino demanded in an oddly commanding tone.

"Spill? W-What are you t-talking about?" the Hyuga Heiress asked.

Ino grimaced. "About the state of your relationship with Naruto, duh," the blonde replied as if stating the most obvious thing. "Come on, everybody knows that you have the hots for him, and you got lucky enough to be in the same team as him. I mean, I can see that you're not formally a couple yet, but I'm sure that you progressed in some way beyond the 'just friends' stage, right?"