The Invasion of Kirigakure, Part II

"I won't be the one dying today, Yagura. I won't rest until the Blood Mist becomes a thing of the past, and such thing can't happen as long as you're Mizukage," Mei said as she started making hand seals. "Boil Release: Skilled Mist Jutsu!"

Mei opened the fight with one of her two Bloodline Limits, releasing a cloud of corrosive mist at the opposing duo. Yagura took a step forward, positioning himself between the attack and his wife, as he made hand seals of his own.

"Stand back, Aiko-chan," Yagura took a deep breath. "Wind Release: Passing Typhoon!"

Yagura blew a powerful gust of wind that easily dispelled Mei's attack. It had such force that Mei and Naruto were nearly blown away. Aiko took the chance to attack as well. She made a hand seal.

"Water Release: Famine Mist!"

A thin mist started to envelop the roof of the palace. However, unlike other times Naruto had seen a mist jutsu (mostly from Haku), the mist wasn't thick enough to block vision.

"Naruto, this isn't the usual mist jutsu," Mei warned him, as if reading his thoughts. "I don't know what it does, but stay alert just in case."

"Then the best solution will be dispel it as soon as possible!" Naruto reasoned as his hands ran through hand seals. "Wind Release: Cyclone Vortex!"

Naruto thrust his hand forward, casting an horizontal tornado. However, Naruto noticed that the jutsu was weaker than usual, and only succeeded in stirring the mist, which quickly reformed.

"The hell?" Naruto indignantly asked.

"You foolish child! This mist dampens the ninjutsu used by the enemy, while at the same time enhances mine!" Aiko gloated as she made several hand seals. "Water Release: Water Gun!"

Aiko expelled a powerful torrent from her mouth at the duo. Instinctively, Mei reacted by using a jutsu of her own.

"Earth Release: Earth Style Wall!"

A wall emerged, getting in the way between Mei and Aiko's attack, but much to the rebel leader's surprise, Aiko's water jutsu tore through Mei's earth wall, before the attack blasted her backwards. Fortunately, the wall at least had absorbed some of the jutsu's original power, and it didn't make as much damage as it could.

"Didn't you hear what I said? My ninjutsu is stronger while yours is weaker! Elemental weaknesses become irrelevant!" Aiko stated.

Thanks to his Sage Mode, Naruto could sense that Aiko was supporting the mist with her own chakra. Even then, the chakra consumption rate was very low, and Aiko had a respectable chakra pool. Waiting until she ran out of chakra wasn't an option. They had to take her down first if they wanted to have any chance against Yagura.

"Mei! If we take out Aiko, the mist will banish! We have to focus on her first!" Naruto shouted as he pulled out his trusty Wind Blade. Upon channeling his chakra, the weapon projected a white, flame like energy blade. "Let's hope the mist doesn't affect my Wind Blade either!"

Now armed, Naruto dashed towards the female Jonin but he was intercepted by the Mizukage. Naruto's wind blade clashed against what appeared to be a rather large black club with uneven sized hooks on its ends, and oddly enough, a green flower on the larger hook. Much to his surprise, the club resisted the wind blade's swipe.

"You're more foolish than I thought if you think I'm going to let you get my wife," Yagura replied in a threatening tone.

Naruto ignored Yagura's words and focused on the staff. 'He's channeling chakra through it. That's why he manages to make it durable enough to resist my wind blade. Boy, this is getting harder by the second. And the mist may weaken my sword as well.'