The Invasion of Kirigakure, Part I

After many preparations, today was it. The day the rebels would march over Kirigakure and liberate it from its bloodthirsty and more than likely manipulated Kage. While the morale was high, most of them were rather nervous. Assaulting a Great Village would fall under what was considered major warfare. The battle wouldn't be easy.

As they approached, the mist became more and more dense. The Kiri ninja explained to their Konoha allies that they kept a permanent mist barrier surrounding the village for defensive purposes. But while said mist would hinder Konoha ninja, it would do little to stop other Kiri ninja. And after some time walking, they could see the village gates through the mist. Mei, heading the march, stopped and held one hand, and the rebel army stopped as well.

"Bring me our siege specialist," Mei commanded one of her ANBU.

The masked ninja nodded and vanished. A minute later, he reappeared alongside Sasuke Uchiha.

"There's the gate, Sasuke-kun. You think you can take it down on your own?" Mei asked, a bit skeptical.

Sasuke glared at the rebel leader, his Sharingan flaring to life. "Don't underestimate the Uchiha Clan."

Sasuke took a few step forward, and got ready. He started to gather his chakra, as his normal Sharingan morphed into the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, and flinched when he was forced to relive the time he believed he had killed Naruto. Even if he knew the loudmouth blond was alive, the anguish felt very real.

He started to glow with a purple aura, as a purple, ghostly ribcage appeared around him. More bones started appearing as it formed the upper half of a giant humanoid skeleton, which was then covered in flesh, and then an armor. The chakra construct raised its left arm, and a bow was generated on its wrist. Pulling the string with the other arm, a huge arrow covered in black flames was generated.

"Infernal Release: Susanoo Black Fire Bolt!"

Sasuke released the arrow, which pierced the gate with such force it tore it off of its hinges, leaving a wide entrance for the rebels to get into the city.

His job done, Sasuke dispelled the chakra construct and fell on his knees, panting heavily. His teammates quickly rushed to check him.

"Sasuke-kun, are you okay?" Shizune asked. "Do you need healing?"

Sasuke shook his head and got back on his feet again. "No, I'm okay. Using Susanoo is very taxing, but I will be fine in a couple minutes."

"Even then, try to take it easy," Shizune advised.

After seeing Sasuke's attack, Mei was a bit stunned at such display of power. "Wow, and here I thought he was exaggerating. Worth every ryo indeed." She then turned to her troops. "The gates are down! Everybody move out! Kirigakure is ours for the taking! Today, the world will see the end of the Blood Mist!" she yelled as she charged forwards.

Her words were replied by a loud chorus of war cries as the rest of the rebels rushed into the village behind their leader

Meanwhile, as the bulk of the army rushed into the city, two lone figures hidden nearby cautiously watched.

"So, how long until they notice that's a clone?" Naruto asked his partner.

As opposed to her usual elegant blue dress, the Mizukage candidate was wearing the Kirigakure ANBU uniform, with a happuri-shaped Kirigakure forehead protector instead of a white and red mask, but with the standard sword, even if Mei's skill with such weapon was less than zero. Her extremely long hair was now tied into a more manageable braid that fell down her back.

"My Earth Clones are very durable, can last days if undamaged, and can even use some jutsu of moderate intensity. How about you, are you ready?" Mei asked.