The Immortal Team, Part II

Shibuki, Tamaki, and the three headed wolf all landed near Hinata, Fu and Shino, facing Kakuzu's new form. The Akatsuki looked at the Konoha and Taki ninjas, and shot them an unnerving grin. Fortunately, Shino had already healed Fu, since they would need the green haired jinchuriki's power if they hoped to beat Kakuzu in this new form.

"Well...who wants to go first?" Kakuzu asked.

"Eww...just when you think that old man couldn't be anymore gross, he proves you wrong," Tamaki stated, as she made a grimace.

"His external appearance is irrelevant, is the power he possesses now what we should worry about," Shino interceded. "Why? Because if Kakuzu and his creatures were formidable opponents when fighting on their own, their power became even greater by joining forces."

"That's right, kid. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. There are moments in which a numerical advantage is necessary, but given that you have destroyed two of my hearts...this form is the best approach," Kakuzu agreed.

"Not just that. He still is under the effect of the Hero Water, which now also extends to the creatures he merged with," Shibuki pointed out.

"You're correct once again. Now, let's see the extent of my new power," Kakuzu said, as he made a series of hand seals. The two masks at his sides opened their jaws at the same time.

"Oh shit..." Fu said, as she and everybody else tensed up. "Guys, prepare to run..."

As expected, the masks fired from their mouth a massive torrent of water and a barrage of lightning bolts. Everybody jumped aside in different directions, lest them be obliterated by the empowered elemental attack, which not only wasstronger, but had a longer reach and wider radius of effect, doubling as a good means of defense.

"Fu! Let's go into the air! He won't be able to attack both us and the others in the ground!" Hinata suggested.

Fu nodded, deployed her wings, and joined Hinata several meters above the ground.

"You think yourself so smart, don't you?" Kakuzu mockingly asked, as he directed the stream of water and barrage of lightning towards the flying kunoichi.

"He must think we're the biggest threat, and thus wants to take us out first," Hinata realized, as she thrust her palm forward, releasing a telekinetic pulse forward.

Fu, meanwhile, formed seals at great speed. "Wind Release: Breakthrough!"

Fu blew a gust of wind from her mouth that, combined with Hinata's telekinetic blast, was able to stop Kakuzu's water and lightning attack, locking into a stalemate as both attacks pushed back and forth.

"Now that they're keeping him busy, let's strike!" Tamaki shouted, as she, Kiba and Akamaru, and Shibuki charged forward.

"Your naivety is almost adorable," Kakuzu stated.

Suddenly, dozens of black threads emerged from underground, as they tried to wrap the charging ninja, which were forced to jump back.

"Let's try ranged attacks!" Shibuki suggested, as he and Tamaki started making hand seals. "Water Release: Water Bullet Jutsu!"

"Fire Release: Blistering Firecat!"

Shibuki expelled a stream of water from his mouth –much smaller than those used by Kakuzu– while Tamaki breathed a wave of fire that took the shape of a cat which rushed at Kakuzu, leaving a trail of embers behind. The three headed wolf that was Kiba and Akamaru merged took a deep breath, and let out a powerful sonic roar.

This time, Kakuzu couldn't afford to treat the ground ninja as mere inconveniences, and was forced to redirect the stream of water towards their incoming attacks in order to cancel them out. However, that left only the lightning bolts to deal with Fu's wind and Hinata's telekinesis, which was unable to hold them back on its own, and was pushed back. Much to his annoyance, Kakuzu was forced to jump back in order to dodge.