The Training Begins

Author's Note: And we just reached chapter number twenty five! Let's give a review of this story's stats now that we reached such a milestone.

4.5k views

121 votes

242 comments

Wow, look at that! damn, I never imagined that this story would become so popular! Thanks a lot to all of you who contributed to this fics' success!

Icharaku's Restaurant

Naruto, Hinata and Haku were celebrating that the three of them had passed. The celebration turned even better when Teuchi decided to treat them to the first bowl of ramen, as a way to reward and encourage them for their hard work.

"Whoa, thanks old man!" Naruto cheered as he started to wolf down the food.

"But remember, just the first bowl!" Ayame reminded Naruto, shaking her index finger at him. "Seriously, with that bottomless pit you call a stomach, we can't be too generous with you or else you'll bankrupt us!"

Everybody, including Naruto, laughed at Ayame's jab.

"By the way, how is that your sensei is not here celebrating with you? It's as much a victory for her as it is for you, given that she taught you and all that," Teuchi asked.

"Kurenai-sensei went to a bar with the other senseis to celebrate on their own," Hinata replied. "She didn't say anything, but she's a bit miffed that she won't be training any of us for the finals. Though, she will check on our progress every few days."

"How so?" Ayame asked.

"I will be training with dad, Hinata with her mom and Haku with Zabuza," Naruto explained.

"Kurenai-sensei is a great teacher, but unfortunately for her, we have other people better suited to train us in our specialties," Haku added. " Then again, I might ask her to continue training me in genjutsu if I have some time."

"I don't think genjutsu will be very useful against an Uchiha. The Sharingan can see through all but the most potent of genjutsu," Hinata interceded.

"I know," Haku replied. "But Sasuke won't be my only opponent. If I win, I'll get to fight either Choji-san or that Kumo kunoichi, and I think genjutsu will work on them just fine."

After all, genjutsu pretty much gave Haku the victory against Lee, his newfound enthusiasm about it was understandable.

"How do you feel about fighting Sasuke?" Naruto asked as he finished his bowl.

"I'm going to admit that I'm a bit worried. Sasuke-san is really strong, and I never managed to beat him in the Academy. I know how he fights, but that won't be enough. Plus I'm sure his brother and Shisui-san will train him this month, and I know that those two are among Konoha's strongest."

"Well, you're going to train with a Swordsman of Kiri," Naruto replied. "Your teacher isn't that bad, you know."

"Don't get me wrong, I wasn't doubting about Zabuza-sama's teaching capabilities, but I will need to learn all I need to defeat Sasuke-san. Besides, I'll have to make sure he doesn't get angry. Sasuke is really vicious when angry," Haku recalled.

Naruto shivered upon remembering Sasuke's fight with Neji. "Indeed! I know that that idiot had a short fuse, but that...boy, that was too much! I swear he would have killed Neji if Shisui didn't intervene. Let's hope Shizune-neechan can knock some sense into that thick skull of his. And if he does something to you..." Naruto cracked his fingers. "Well, I'll make sure he regrets such a thing."