Wedding Bells Among the Chaos

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating in a while, i have been pretty busy.

Imagine having 600 notifs ;-;.

A Month Later

There was a large gathering in the Sarutobi Clan's private training ground. However, training wasn't the reason all these people were meeting there, despite most of them being ninjas. In fact, rather than their usual attires, said ninjas were wearing more elegant clothes, the men wearing suits and the women wearing kimonos.

Yes, the kind of clothes one would wear to a formal, important event, like a wedding. More specifically, the wedding between Asuma Sarutobi and Kurenai Yūhi. After the latter revealed her pregnancy, the two of them decided to marry as soon as possible. In other circumstances, they might have taken more time to plan things out, but given the looming threat of the Akatsuki in the horizon, they wanted to jump right in.

Attending the ceremony were, as expected, the entire Sarutobi clan, Asuma and Kurenai's students, their ninja friends, and their respective students if they have them like Kakashi or Gai. There was also Jiraiya, Tsunade and their children.

The ceremony took place without any incident, but there were some whispers –that were quickly shushed– about Kurenai's rather noticeable belly.

When the priest declared them husband and wife, Asuma and Kurenai kissed for the first time as married couple, and the guests erupted in a chorus of cheers, whistles and applauses.

...

After the ceremony, they moved to the reception, which also took place in the Sarutobi Training Ground, inside several large sunshade tents that the clan had rented for the occasion.

At that moment, Kurenai was having a talk with her three students. Neither of their drinks were alcoholic, the former because of her pregnancy, and the latter three because of their age.

"I'm glad you guys managed to come," Kurenai told them. "I was afraid that, with how busy you've been in Taki, you might miss it."

"Never!" Naruto energetically stated. "How could you think such a thing?"

"Yes. Regardless of the current state of our team, you will always be our sensei, and we will always be there for you," Hinata added.

"Speaking of which, now that I have the chance to ask...how are you doing without me?" Kurenai asked.

"We manage," Haku laconically replied. "We might not be in the need for a replacement, but I'm sure things will be easier once you come back to us."

"Because...you plan to come back, right? You aren't going to retire?" Naruto asked, a bit of worry dripping from his voice.

Kurenai laughed in return. "Of course not. I'm just thirty. Ninjas only retire at that age when they suffer crippling injuries. Once the baby is born and I get back in shape, I'll be with you. I mean, Shizune had two kids already, and she still a kunoichi."

"Speaking of which, have you think in any name for the baby?" Hinata asked.

Kurenai smiled at Hinata. "No, not yet. Why, do you have any suggestions?"

"Yeah, if he's a boy, call him Naruto jr.!" Naruto chimed in.

Kurenai laughed again. "I don't think I'll be able to survive with two Narutos in my life. Plus I don't want to give my future son such a burden by naming him after an amazing ninja like you."

"Bummer. But you have a point," Naruto admitted, then he chuckled. "I mean, Sasuke's parents named him after the Old Man Hokage's dad, which was one of the Warring States Period's most feared ninjas, and look what it did to him! All ego and no talent!"