Training for the Dangers to Come

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating in a while, exams and stuff

Hokage's Tower

It was early in the morning, and Naruto knew that his father wouldn't have any kind of meeting until at least two hours. However, when he arrived at his office, he found through Jiraiya's secretary that it wasn't the case, as somebody was already in the office discussing something with the Hokage.

"But...who the hell requests a meeting with the Hokage this soon?" Naruto asked, a bit frustrated.

"...you did?" the secretary, a middle aged woman with graying brown hair, replied. "And if you're wondering no, I'm not allowed to disclose such information with anybody. Not even with his son."

Naruto huffed, and crossed his arms. "And how long until dad's free again? This is kind of important!"

"Everybody who wants to meet the Hokage thinks they have important matters to discuss," the secretary snarked at Naruto.

Fortunately, the blond didn't have to wait much, and in a few minutes, the door to the office opened, and the last person Naruto was expecting his dad would see this soon in the morning walked out.

"Ino?" Naruto asked, confused.

"Oh, hello, Naruto. Sorry if you wanted to talk with your dad and I made you wait. He's free now," Ino said with a friendly smile.

"What are you doing here?" Naruto asked. He sounded more curious than demanding.

"I was giving Hokage-sama the report of my latest mission," Ino replied, as if stating something obvious.

"At this hour?" Naruto asked, scratching his temple. There was something fishy about Ino, but couldn't tell what.

Ino merely shrugged. "The sooner I do it, the sooner it's out of my hair. Anyway, I should get going, I have plenty of stuff to do today. See you later, Naruto!" Ino happily waved him goodbye as she left the office.

Naruto shrugged, and entered the Hokage's office, where Jiraiya was sitting by his desk.

"Oh, hello, Naruto. What can I do for you?" Jiraiya asked.

"I came to ask you something. But first, what was Ino doing here?" Naruto asked.

"She was giving me the report of her latest mission. Nothing you should worry about," Jiraiya added, noticing that Naruto's encounter with Ino left him a bit uneasy. "Anyway, what do you want to ask me?"

Naruto took a seat. "It's about Fu."

...

Land of the Waterfalls, undisclosed location

Kakashi was leaping from one tree branch to the other, as he was heading towards his destination. He looked at the sun, at his highest point in the sky, indicating it was high noon. The Copy Ninja felt satisfied with how fast he had managed to reach the country that hosted one of their former allies. Though with some luck, said alliance should be restored.

"Okay..." Kakashi mumbled, looking around. "This is the zone, but I have no idea where I should go..."

The silver haired Jonin continued to move forward, expecting to see some patrols or sentries that may direct him to the place he should go. He wondered if he should summon his tracking dogs and have them find the place for him.

His thoughts were interrupted when his uncovered eye saw multiple kunai flying at him from higher tree branches. Fast as lightning, Kakashi pulled a kunai of his own, and while jumping backwards, deflected the incoming knives he was unable to dodge.